Requesting lower rate question

I am not booked with an early saver rate. My cruise fare decreased by $20 so I called Carnival to request the lower rate and was told all rate requests have to be submitted online. Is this correct? Thanks!

That's not correct. The form I s only for Early Saver. You're supposed to call for all other rate reductions (as long as it's before final payment). Just call back and speak to someone else.

If you go to the form it says on the top what the form is for. Price Protection applies to Early Saver and other select Carnival promotions. Please review your booking confirmation email to ensure the promotion you booked is eligible for price protection. To submit a Price Protection request, please complete the claim form below. We'll review your claim within two business days and if it meets the Price Protection requirements, you will have the choice of requesting an upgrade commensurate to the price differential (subject to availability), or we will process a non-refundable onboard credit for the fare difference. If a promotional onboard credit was included as part of your current fare please keep in mind that by adjusting to the lower fare the onboard credit will be forfeited. An email confirming the outcome of your request will be sent to you. Please indicate your preference below. If you booked your cruise with a travel agent and need to make a Price Protection claim, simply contact your travel agent and they will submit it for you. *Only 1 form per booking is required. Please do not submit multiple forms for one cabin.

The form is used for any Price Protection request, not just Early Saver.

I went ahead and called again. This time, the Carnival rep was very helpful and he had no issues changing my rate. I'll assume the first person either wasn't trained to know she could change the rate or didn't want to waste the time on me. Either way, it's taken care of now and that's all that matters :). Thanks!

I went ahead and called again. This time, the Carnival rep was very helpful and he had no issues changing my rate. I'll assume the first person either wasn't trained to know she could change the rate or didn't want to waste the time on me. Either way, it's taken care of now and that's all that matters :). Thanks!

In the future, know that when you call Carnival that you will get a different answer every time you call. :)