Glory - 4/25/15 - If you write a review and nobody reads it...

cmcsharon

Part 10…Our Last Sea Day…(Will I Eat Green Eggs and Ham, Carrot Cake Coma…and, Luggage-pa-looza)

My sincerest apologies for the delay in finishing this obnoxiously long review. You know work is not going well when you just get back and already need a vacation!

I’m beginning to think the 12 day Journey cruise, that the minions and I are contemplating booking, might be so far off (over a year and a half away) that I might need to book a shorter cruise for later this year…just so I don’t forget how to cruise. Yeah, that’s the reason. It’s like a muscle right? If you don’t use it…it’ll atrophy? That’s what I’m going with. There are just too many great cruises offered and fun ships to try. I should probably be banned from the Carnival web site…at the very least until I finish this review!

When we left off we’d left Cozumel and it was time for our last sea day. Before we get to that, there’s one more thing about our evening in Cozumel. This was our second elegant night. The kids and I had arrived early (it’s a mystery how that happened) and we’re the first to be seated at our table. As I’ve already shared, the tables without the tablecloths are lovely and we really enjoyed the American Table menu.

On elegant nights the tablecloths are used. I’ve heard some people say it helps muffle the noise in the dining room but at our location noise wasn’t a problem with or without them.

As we were waiting for the minions we noticed a couple walking through the dining room. They were dressed in their elegant wear but had come from the back of the restaurant and were heading towards the exit at the front. A man was walking in front and a few steps behind was a woman.

As they got to within 4 tables from us, the woman started to topple over, I don’t know if she caught her heel in her gown, or the carpet, or just had way too many margaritas in Cozumel…but, it was like watching a spinning top as it starts to slow down…is she…or isn’t she? She reaches out for the man in front of her but he’s too many steps ahead…so, she goes for the next best thing…the table…only, tonight it has a tablecloth.

And, in what looked like horrified slow motion, we watched this unfortunate woman go down, with a firm grasp upon a tablecloth…that had only moments ago been spread over a table with the beautiful settings for eight. It was like watching a bad magic trick of pulling the tablecloth out from under all the dishes…as they all came crashing down around her.

To their absolute best credit, the crew were over to her and helping her up before her husband had even turned around and noticed that she was down…several of the wait staff practically knocked him out of the way to get to her. And, she was up and fine in no time, but the crew stayed with her and offered medical care and anything else she needed. They did a fabulous job…and, the husband…he didn’t seem the least bit surprised by what just occurred. I’m guessing this may not have been a first time.

Now on to the first sea day. We had wanted to do the sea day brunch again…but, on the last sea day, they have the Cat in the Hat brunch. Since we don’t really care for over the top decorations and crazy food selections we opted not to go this special brunch.

Was that convincing? Did you believe me? Over the top decorations and crazy food selections are like a giant neon finger (no, not that finger!) pointing the way for us. We were definitely going! For this particular sailing, there was only one seating for the breakfast, around 9:30am, I think (I could go dig out my Fun Times and look it up…but…I’m lazy). I’m guessing there was only one seating because there weren’t a lot of kids on the ship. Some of the minions had registered for the brunch at the beginning of the cruise. My daughter and I had registered just the night before…and, one set of minions hadn’t registered at all, they just met us at the door in the morning…and were able to register before we all went in. They were able to accommodate the nine of us with no problem.

As you walk in to the restaurant (the mid-ship restaurant) it was like walking in to a Dr. Seuss book. The colors are brightly bizarre and dazzling…and, the decorations are so over the top…you can’t help but start smiling. A giant Cat in the Hat ice sculpture greets you, complete with whiskers, and a variety of Cat in the Hat statues are positioned around the area…as seen here with my daughter.

Green%20Eggs%206.jpg

Once you get to the tables they’re covered in brightly colored tablecloths and contrasting napkins… and, the centerpieces feature the Cat in the Hat. Everyone receives an Orange menu that looks just like the Green Eggs and Ham book.

It doesn’t take long before we put the napkins to good use…

Green%20Eggs%204.jpg

And again, but with the menu…

Green%20Eggs%205.jpg

The menu featured the usual brunch items…such as Fox in Sock’s Steak and Eggs…but, it also featured some more creative options such as the Truffula Tree Pancakes, Do you like Green Eggs and Ham, and Horton’s Cereal Crusted French Toast.

After contemplating the menu…my daughter and I decided we’d discover the answer to that age old question…How many licks does it take…wait…what? Wrong question…the age old question…Do you like Green Eggs and Ham? And, we’d like our Green Eggs and Ham with a side of Truffula Tree pancakes…if you please.

Green%20Eggs%201.jpg

Yes, indeed…those are some neon GREEN eggs! It’s two heaping ice cream scoops of NEON GREEN EGGS to be exact.

They say you eat with your eyes first. Never is that more true than when you’re staring down at two heaping scoops of neon green eggs. And, guess what’s going through my head…I will not eat green eggs and ham…I will not eat them Sam I Am.

And then, one of the minions has his cereal crusted French toast delivered…seen here…

Green%20Eggs%202.jpg

And, now those heaping scoops of neon green eggs aren’t looking so bad after all.

I will admit to making it through 1 of the scoops of neon green eggs. The other became…ham I am.

As we were finishing up our breakfast the Cat of the hour stopped by…wearing a hat. So, we happily posed for a picture with him.

Green%20Eggs%20Cat.jpg

I would definitely recommend going to the Cat in the Hat brunch…it’s well worth the $5 fee. We didn’t feel out of place without children…and, we might have been the only table in there without children. But, there was no mistaking the fun our table was having…the laughter was non-stop.

Next up…Part 10…continues…....it’s probably time to wrap this review thing up.

sandtm2016cruise2_zpsdx6fekok.jpg

for you and those pesky Minions : )

This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!

I have to admit...the minions found it before me. They've been excitedly sharing that we have a logo!

Thank you again...we really appreciate it!

This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!

I have to admit...the minions found it before me. They've been excitedly sharing that we have a logo!

Thank you again...we really appreciate it!

You and the minions are most welcome, I love designing logos, it's my hobby

You and the minions are most welcome, I love designing logos, it's my hobby

sandtm2016cruisem2_zpspkdfvtxr.jpg

I put a little bit of "Magic" in the logo : )

Sharon, if you would like the full size logo just email, my email address is in my contact info, I use the yahoo address

sandtm2016cruisem2_zpspkdfvtxr.jpg

I put a little bit of "Magic" in the logo : )

Sharon, if you would like the full size logo just email, my email address is in my contact info, I use the yahoo address

sharonatmgd2016cruise2_zps5rqnftzy.jpg

one more change

super cute logos 1959kar!!

Sharon, I'm loving your review! Just found it yesterday! I actually saw your cricut banners on the fb design space page before I ever knew there was a review in the works!

We are going on the Valor in 25 days and hitting 3 of the same ports. We have different excursions planned but I love "travelling" to the ports ahead of time through you.

I'm still cracking up over all the bacon at the minions' table! And the monkey photos! And, I'm pretty sure I spotted the lover of pandas!

Hey 1959kar...can you make a logo of the minions and I just adrift in a dinghy in the middle of the ocean...since Carnival just cancelled the Panama cruise? :(

Back to planning.

I apologize again for the delay in wrapping this up. I've almost got it ready to go.

Hey 1959kar...can you make a logo of the minions and I just adrift in a dinghy in the middle of the ocean...since Carnival just cancelled the Panama cruise? :(

Back to planning.

I apologize again for the delay in wrapping this up. I've almost got it ready to go.

infact I can :) I can easily change the logo/s when you find a new cruise

It is 11 o'clock at night! I go to bed at 9!!!! I've been sitting in my hotel room just cackling over this review....and I won't be able to read more, or your other review until after work...

They think I am serious, and it would hurt my reputation to cackle at work!

Thanks for the great review, what a fun trip! And now I know why I don't travel with minions!

So, as I am reading this side splitting review and wishing my family was this fun, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Excursion you could be doing for five minutes. I almost had a stroke when the next picture was of those sweet faced baby sloths.

We just returned from a cruise on the Splendor a month ago and guess where we went in Roatan??? Yup, you guessed it, to Daniel's sanctuary. I have pictures just like yours cuddling those babies. My traveling companions thought I was CRAZY!!! I just had to hold a sloth. Best thing ever. Made my day to see your pix. Wasn't it a great place??? The folks with the AKA 47 machine guns I could have done without😱😱😱. Loving your review!!!

I am memorized by your review. Your writing is exquisite! My family and I just returned from a cruise on the Victory and I am now going to beg, plan, hide $$$, whatever, to get time with Daniel and his sanctuary! My 19 year old walked by as I was reading your "dancing, spinning top of a woman" story and he had thought I'd lost my mind! When he read it, he was laughing just as hard! Thanks for the detailed review!

satmadrift2_zpsvacnaapd.jpg

:)

BEST LOGO EVER! Thank you!!!! It's perfect!

Yes, this is us...adrift at sea because our Magic cruise to Panama has been canceled.

Now I need to go back through all the comments to see what cruises you all were suggesting for us to be on...the minions and I need a new cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have time for this now but I can't wait to read it. I may do the Glory again after reading this!

We have done the Freedom and Liberty 6 times and then did the Glory in Jan. 2015. It was not my favorite of the three.

Thanks for sharing your adventures!