Photo Review April/May 2015: Disney, Eclipse TA, London

Lisah101

There was a section where they had built concrete casements to drop in large pots to cook using the heat of the hot springs. I almost had a photo of them pulling out a large pot but someone stepped in my way :confused:

Lesson - always stand as close as possible so people can't walk in front of you. I'm sure we were all so focused on the sights that it is easy to do.

Back in the van (we are VERY wet and cold at this point) and off to our next stop.

Photo along the drive (its not easy to take a photo through a window covered in rain!

IMG_3585.jpg

At the end of the tour was a sampling station - yes, I tried all of them!

IMG_3598.jpg

We we cold and wet and that tea tasted so good! We did buy 2 bags of Orange Pekoe to bring home. We were afraid it only tasted good because we were cold and wet, but it was just as good here in the dry climate of Phoenix!

Edited by Lisah101

We've always had tea in the house, but not loose tea. It was so good, that I bought Terry a tea ball to make a cup of tea at a time with loose tea.

D65D6857-5547-4BA9-B43E-3507491BB85C_2.jpg

But then we started drinking more tea so I had to get a tea pot. This works very well!

AF394212-F35E-4F64-9FA6-730E5145083D_1.jpg

Back in the van for a short ride. This was the highlight of the tour for me. We had lunch at a local farmhouse which is their home. Our hosts, John and Goretti Estrella were so nice and personable when they invited us into their home that they made us feel like part of the family.

Here is their home as pulled up in the drive.

IMG_3603.jpg

There was another large van that was the original tour group that would also meet us here for lunch. The original group was full so Karen managed to get the 6 of us on a second van. I thought it worked well because the smaller van and group was easier to navigate (and find us each time we wandered off).

Anyway.... their wonderful home.

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

I will admit, we sat down and didn't wait for the large van to arrive. They get their shortly but I wanted a seat on the kitchen end near Goretti so I could see all the wonderful things she was bringing out.

The table was already set with the first offerings.

This is blood sausage (made by Goretti) and local pineapple. I've been to Hawaii and so had others in our group, but sorry Hawaii.... this pineapple is sweeter!

IMG_3612.jpg

I did try a few bites of the blood sausage and although the flavor wasn't bad, the texture was strange to me. Mom - I did try it!

Also on the table was a homemade goat cheese (I could almost live on this stuff!), chorizzo and a local farm cheese, bought at the market.

My notebook has "Queijo de Cabra" witten down - I think that was the soft white goat cheese which was very mild and creamy.

IMG_3612.jpg

And the next plate of food.....Pork ribs with fava beans. These were the biggest fava beans I've ever seen. OK, I liked the red wine a little too much so my photos are getting fuzzy.

IMG_3619.jpg

For the umpteenth time on this cruise, I realized I was way past full but that didn't matter because Goretti pulled out dessert. A few of us grabbed a quick photo before she could start platting.

This is Abava Quas or passion fruit pudding. Again, this is addictive an had amazing flavor. I wish I had thought to ask her for the recipe.

IMG_3621.jpg