Laundry on Jewel of the Seas

I'm trying to minimize my packing but going to Alaska I'm packing a little heavier than I normally to on vacation. Usually vacations are much warmer for me, not dressing in layers. Is there laundry facilities on the Jewel? If so where are the located and how much do they cost? Thanks!

There is no self laundry, but they do have cleaning and pressing. Having something pressed is half the price of washing or cleaning. They also do a bag of laundry mid week for a set price, I think $30. Undies, pjs and the like. If it fits in the bag it's all good. Stuff and stuff some more. We bring a little bottle of detergent for do it yourself in the cabin, and there is a line in the shower. Bring a couple of clothespins

There is no self laundry, but they do have cleaning and pressing. Having something pressed is half the price of washing or cleaning. They also do a bag of laundry mid week for a set price, I think $30. Undies, pjs and the like. If it fits in the bag it's all good. Stuff and stuff some more. We bring a little bottle of detergent for do it yourself in the cabin, and there is a line in the shower. Bring a couple of clothespins

Okay, great to know, thank you!

RCI does not have any self service laundry facilities on any of their ships. Here is a link to the laundry price list http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=284178&d=1377565421

They also offer a Wash & Fold Only special mid-week for $30 where you can include pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear. These items are not ironed.

No self-service laundry on any RCCL ship. We use the wash 'n fold bag and have sent a couple of pieces that don't tolerate hot water or hot drying well to the regular ship's laundry. The prices aren't bad. $30 for as much as you can stuff in the Wash 'N Fold bag (underwear, socks, pj's, etc) and for regular laundry, a pair or two of slacks/pants that were favorites that we wanted to put back in the rotation. If it's something delicate (or a swimsuit), we use the "mystery gel" in the shower dispenser to wash it out and hang it on the retractable line in the shower or clipping it with clothes pins to the back of a chair on the balcony (after rolling it in a towel to get out the excess water).

So, this mid week wash and fold special...can I include jeans, pants, shorts? They were not mentioned, and since they are bulky and take up so much room in my luggage, would love to wash cheaply. I have this fantasy that we can pack everything into our carry on luggage. :)

So, this mid week wash and fold special...can I include jeans, pants, shorts? They were not mentioned, and since they are bulky and take up so much room in my luggage, would love to wash cheaply. I have this fantasy that we can pack everything into our carry on luggage. :)

The wash and fold special is limited to things like underwear, shorts, socks, t-shirts, pajamas. Things that are not part of the special will be charged regular price.