HIE Fort Lauderdale Airport South

deew0424

Has anyone stayed here before? I can get a pretty good rate ($179/night) on lmtclub but it is non refundable so I want to be sure before I do.

I can get that one or the Crowne Plaza FLL Airpor/Cruise Port for $208/night.

Any advice?

Hmmm...since when does LMT have non refundable rates? Unless it is a special hotel rate with restrictions.:confused:

Maybe I'm wrong it says the following:

"Room Cancellation Policy: Hotel cancellations or changes made 3 day/s prior to check in time (noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee

Hotel Cancellations or changes made 1 day/prior to check in time (noon local hotel time), will be subject to a full fare fee

No show is subjected to a full fare fee"

Am I reading this wrong? I guess maybe I have until 3 days prior to cancel?? It is worded as if any change made prior to 3 days would be cause to lose the 1 nights fee.

I would pay the higher price and stay at the Crowne Plaza. You are across the road from the port entrance and a short taxi ride (or a healthy walk) to the 17th St area. There isn't really much around the Holiday Inn either, so I would go with the newer, nicer hotel. Also, if you are so inclined, the Crowne Plaza has a Hertz car rental location onsite (Dollar and Thrifty are just across the road and Enterprise is a block west), should you have time and feel like heading out anywhere.

Maybe I'm wrong it says the following:

Am I reading this wrong? I guess maybe I have until 3 days prior to cancel?? It is worded as if any change made prior to 3 days would be cause to lose the 1 nights fee.

Yes you misinterpreted it. You can cancel up to 3 days per stay with no penalty. Closer and you'll be penalized. This is a big advantage over other discount sites. If you cancel, they will credit your card within days.

Both hotels are fairly new...the HIE was built at the end of 2013 and the Crowne Plaza in 2011. However, neither is in a nice neighborhood. The Crowne Plaza at least is closer to 17th St and next to an Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza :), so I would go with that.

Thanks for the input. I booked the HIE because we are coming in fairly late in the evening (@ 7 pm) so we really don't need restaurants or such. I like HIE as I know what to expect and they will pick us up at the airport. Read some great reviews on the property and the rate is almost $100 cheaper than their standard rate with no cancellation offered so I think its a pretty good deal. Thanks for everyone's input! :)