Switching Dates - Can I keep my OBC?

I am thinking of changing my January 2016 Caribbean Cruise on Jewel to a Transatlantic from FLL to Rome in April 2016.

I will be giving up my Balcony for a Oceanview, but it will be $100 cheaper for the 15 Nights cruise than the original 7 day Cruise.

I've always wanted to do a Transatlantic, so it looks like I may not be able to resist. I will also save money on Flights as getting to San Juan is not cheap.

When I booked the original Cruise in January whilst on Jewel, I got a total of £300 OBC ($200 for the offer at the time + $100 for Balcony)

If I change, I know I will lose $50 of the $100 part, but will I lose the extra $200 ?

I am thinking of changing my January 2016 Caribbean Cruise on Jewel to a Transatlantic from FLL to Rome in April 2016.

I will be giving up my Balcony for a Oceanview, but it will be $100 cheaper for the 15 Nights cruise than the original 7 day Cruise.

I've always wanted to do a Transatlantic, so it looks like I may not be able to resist. I will also save money on Flights as getting to San Juan is not cheap.

When I booked the original Cruise in January whilst on Jewel, I got a total of £300 OBC ($200 for the offer at the time + $100 for Balcony)

If I change, I know I will lose $50 of the $100 part, but will I lose the extra $200 ?

I did when I had to change to the following week due to change in school calendar. My original week was not selling that well so there was a $300 OBC from RCCL and to change to the next week I paid a $100/pp more to go from a JS to a Balcony Guarantee with only $50 OBC because that cruise was selling well.

Edited by SnorkelBoy
grammer

If you are changing from a balcony cabin to an oceanview with no balcony, you WILL lose the C&A balcony discount.

Yes...of course the OP will...however the OBC is I believe for booking onboard not for booking a balcony.

If you are changing from a balcony cabin to an oceanview with no balcony, you WILL lose the C&A balcony discount.

I didn't get C&A discount on my Balcony room as I'm only Gold.

Just got the $100 OBC for booking a Balcony room on board, which should reduce to $50 if I change to an Oceanview.

The other $200 OBC was an extra promotion when I booked.

Just need to sit down and work out all the cost for both trips and see if I break even on the TA.(Except for the onboard spending which my DW seems to enjoy);)

Edited by clarky213

Update:

Emailed my TA and price exactly same for the 15 day cruise as the 7 day cruise.

I will lose my OBC but an extra 7 Nights cruise for $300 seems like a deal I

cant resist::D

I know I'll also lose the Balcony. but 7 sea Days on a balcony with nothing to see is not a big loss to me.