Booking excursion from UK

fair weather golfer

This morning I contacted Viking UK to book our excursions for Viking Homelands trip later this year.

I was informed that only the optional tours are bookable. I have made my own arrangements for some days and I was planning to book the included tours for other days at a time suitable for me.

I was told that the included tours would be automatically booked for me and I would get the times with my final paperwork. How do I change the times before I leave if they are unacceptable?

Can anyone from the UK confirm this is how it is done

I am on a September 2015 departure from Venice to Istanbul, so will be able to help you later this year. When are you sailing?

I am not sure there are many non US travellers at the moment but no doubt we will see. I think from previous replies I have seen that the My Viking Journey web portal allows you to book different times for the included tours as I have seen references to some in the morning and some in the afternoon.

Neil

This morning I contacted Viking UK to book our excursions for Viking Homelands trip later this year.

I was informed that only the optional tours are bookable. I have made my own arrangements for some days and I was planning to book the included tours for other days at a time suitable for me.

I was told that the included tours would be automatically booked for me and I would get the times with my final paperwork. How do I change the times before I leave if they are unacceptable?

Can anyone from the UK confirm this is how it is done

Dear Fair weather golfer

I am due to sail on the 20th of this month.

If you go to

http://www.vikingcruises.co.uk/oceans

then click on

“my Viking journey.”

This should take you to

http://www.vikingcruises.co.uk/oceans/my-trip/my-viking-journey/index.html

This explains how to book excursions etc.

These are placed in your WISH LIST. It does not reserve or book them. This only happens after placing them in your shopping cart and paying for them. I paid for them via the phone. The site says that Viking should phone you for payment. I phoned them to ensure that I was in.

I think you can also cancel them on the site or on the ship. There are time limits on cancellations.

<h3>My Viking Journey also sends notifications to you.

Jan 27 2015 Joined “My Viking Journey”

Mine were.

Notifications

28 Jan 2015 Start building your wish list And follow your to do list.

3 Mar 2015 Complete Your Guest Information Form.

26 Mar 2015 Book Your Shore Excursions Now.

19 May 2015 Only 1 week left to make reservations.

Hope this helps

</h3>