Icey Straight local venders

squeeky336

Is it posibble to get kayak or other tours from other tours besides the ship in Icey Straight? I have searched th internet and they all seem ot refer me back to the cruise line. I dont like buying tours on the ship.. they all seem to be very pricey.. I would like to maybe Kayak or see other things with locals. ICey Straight appears to be an expensive port

At Icy Strait Point, I will warn you that a whale watching excursion on ship was $99. Someone thought it would be cheaper if they got it onshore....the exact same excursion was $199 onshore. As far as the zipline, the price was the same on the ship & on shore although on the ship....it was sold out but when we got onshore...there were plenty of timeslots available. :)

At Icy Strait Point, I will warn you that a whale watching excursion on ship was $99. Someone thought it would be cheaper if they got it onshore....the exact same excursion was $199 onshore. As far as the zipline, the price was the same on the ship & on shore although on the ship....it was sold out but when we got onshore...there were plenty of timeslots available. :)

If you know of a $99 whale watch in ISP tell me where to get it.. I will take it ;)

There are quite a few options.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g31010-Activities-c61-t188-Hoonah_Alaska.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g31010-Activities-c61-t167-Hoonah_Alaska.html

http://www.hunaoutfitters.com

My whale watch last week was $160 on an incredible boat that took out only six people. It was fantastic - and well worth the slight increase over the ship-sponsored boat that would've taken out 15-20, if not more, people per boat.

Icy Strait--Highly recommend F.I.S.H.E.S. [see their website for details]. Max 6 pax so you get a much more personal tour plus can get closer to critters! Cruise tour boat had about 40 on board. CPT Floyd really knows the waters and his spouse Marj provides 10-15 minute R/T transfer service from pier to dock. First rate tour seeing several pods, sea otters, sea lions, many eagles, and lots of other wildlife.

We discovered that my wife left her purse on their boat about 25 minutes before the last tender. We phoned Marj from the dock, she drove from her home to their dock, retrieved the purse and delivered it to us about 3 minutes before the last tender cast off. Talk about great people and a wonderful tour!!! You can count on F.I.S.H.E.S.!!!

Juneau--used Harv & Marv & saw lots of whales and other creatures. A great tour, thankfully without the drama. Ask for CPT Liz. Also with transfer service & stop at Mindenhall Glacier included in price. Max 8-12 pax so you get a much more personal tour plus can get closer to critters! Cruise line boats had up to 50 pax.

Victoria--B.C. Whale Watching -- saw several orca pods, birds, & sea mammals. Pleased with experience. Max 12 pax so you get a much more personal tour plus can get closer to critters! Transfer from cruise terminal to town $10 all day pass.

All about 3-3.5 hours long, boats with toilets -- free snacks on F.I.S.H.E.S. & Harv & Marv. All cost about $150 per person + tip.