Recent Explorer Reviews

My wife and I were unknowingly on the first cruise post re-fit on Explorer of the Seas on 24 April. It was frankly little short of disgraceful. We paid a top price with a balcony state room and we got a 3 star cruise at best with food, entertainment, service and organisation sadly below par. A lot of staff seemed new or were they simply clueless? One poor girl was expected to run the Star Lounge bar all by herself so guess what.. The bar queue built up. Port Itinerary the worst of any cruise we have been on with only 4 hours in Lanzarote and 5 hours in Vigo. Communication also poor... Why didn't they tell their customers there were free shuttle buses at the Canary ports? Just not worth the £3000 we paid and we can never trust them again.

I never understand why people complain about short port stays and the itinery because the times are all listed when you book the cruise so you can see how long you have in port? Reading recent reviews it looks like things are improving so that's good. Roll on 03rd June! :cool:

Another one just back off Explorer [yesterday ] and it was great.

Any teething problems they had after the refit seem to have been resolved and we had a wonderful cruise.

Oh good! We are in the middle of booking our cruise for Next March to NZ from Sydney and I wasnt sure if I wanted to go LOL! Sounds like the main issues were the cruise from Southhampton - other than that things seem to have settled!

sexylegend, is that the one sailing 6th march? We are on that one also. wernt you on my radiance cruise as well lol

Oh good! We are in the middle of booking our cruise for Next March to NZ from Sydney and I wasnt sure if I wanted to go LOL! Sounds like the main issues were the cruise from Southhampton - other than that things seem to have settled!

Any teething problems they had after the refit seem to have been resolved and we had a wonderful cruise.

Glad to hear things are getting better we are due to go on 29th June and have some new friends we are introducing to cruising and was getting bit concerned by some reviews. How did you find the lounge area for seating etc as there are 8 of us and I keep reading about limited seats and space.

sexylegend, is that the one sailing 6th march? We are on that one also. wernt you on my radiance cruise as well lol

LOL yes I thought your name looked familiar! Guess we will be destined to meet this time! The Roll call is already up and running! :D

Glad to hear things are getting better we are due to go on 29th June and have some new friends we are introducing to cruising and was getting bit concerned by some reviews. How did you find the lounge area for seating etc as there are 8 of us and I keep reading about limited seats and space.

In the CL and the DL then seating did seem to be a problem this trip as those lounges were always very busy. The CL in particular was always packed, and guests seemed to stay in there for long periods of time. Cafe Promenade was always very busy too. Perhaps it was because on our trip the weather wasn't particularly warm which of course forces guests below deck and fills up the public spaces.

Edited by Alohaaloha

Did you find the seating for the buffet an issue?

Heard a few complaints - Just wanted to check with a recent cruiser!

At peak times it was very busy and tables were in short supply, but if you can manage to go off peak then we never had an issue.

We used to take breakfast in the MDR as it's less stressful ( for us) than the Windjammer.

The times it was very busy the crew were seating people together so no seats were wasted, and making announcements to remind people to vacate tables when they were done eating. We didn't have a problem finding seats :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the May 26th sailing to Norway and had a great time. Nothing too much trouble for staff, yes it was busy but as already stated announcements to ask people to vacate tables when finished etc and it all worked well. MDR was very good and service good too.

You will love "washy washy" outside the Windjammer in a morning!!!

Obviously like anything some people can pick at bits but to be honest if you go with the flow you will have a great time like we did.

Geoff & Cath

Thanks guys for the update on the WJ seating issues.

We dont mind sitting with others anyway it may make us use the MDR more often LOL - Oh dear I dont know if I can cope with all that extra wait service LOL! DH prefers WJ but this is a totally different cruise and we will just roll with it! :D