* Anyone been to Margaritaville in O.R. Jamacia recently?

BluIDblonde

We were there in late November off the Coral. Was pretty fun, even for a couple of old fogies like us. Kinda loud music at times, but we just went with it and enjoyed watching all the kids have alot of fun!! Within walking distance of the ship and the shops were mildly interesting.

Was just there last feb. walked in and out. Not my cup of tea. Right across the path from Margaritaville is a shop that sells sangsters rum cream. You can get this in Jamiaca, and only Jamaica. I have tried to find it eslewhere , but not possible,. They also have great blue mountain coffee beans here. I would take the walk to Island village just to bring home these Jamiacan treasures.

We were there in February and we had an awesome time at the beach, pool and dancing to the music! I agree too with the above poster that the store across the street is a great place for Jamaican Blue Mtn coffee beans and the Sangster's Rum Cream - wonderful prices and I look forward to returning there in the future.

Meg

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do then by the ones you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Margaritaville at Ocho Rios, Jamaica

from

http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/h/locations_ocho_rios.html

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Ocho Rios is located inside a new mall.

from

http://www.gallconsulting.com/fun/travel/jamaica2002/dr2002/margaritaville.ochorios.htm

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

It was GREAT! Just count your money as you go. They have tried to either overcharge us three years in a row or hide the already added tip in the middle of the bill and then remind you the tip is not included yet!

I don't mind tipping 25 to 30% while on vaca but I hate getting ripped off!

We were there just last week - it was just okay. We are in our early 40's, a couple in their early 30's and a 19 year old. It was a little cloudy but none of us thought it was worth the money or the extra time when there is so much to do and see.

Joanne

next: 03/25/04 Island Princess

08/15/03 Majesty of the Sea (b to b)

03/26/03 Sun Princess

12/15/02 Grand Princess

I was there 9 months ago, the food was cafeteria quality and the music was not as fun as I had expected. I wouldn't go again.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Diamond Princess HERE WE COME! Alaska has never been so cool! 5/22/04

May 31, 2003 Carnival Triumph to Western Caribbean.

icon_redface.gif

Was there in March..It was fun watching the 20 somethings having fun..food okay drinks generious but pricey...didn't realize the tip was in the bill!!! Guess they made out on us.

We stopped there after a trip to Dunns falls..then safely walked back to the ship, The shops were the usual mix saw the coffee but alas didn't think aboaut buying any.

Cunard Vistiford 1991,1993

Cunard Princess 1992

Royal Princess 1996, 97, 98

Star Princess 2002

Island Princess 2004

we were there in Sept and had a great time - but we went with a group of about 10 other people that we had met here on the boards - that's what made it fun - did some shopping and then hung out with our friends.

until our next cruise - Star Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas 8/30/03

Grand Princess 9/1/02

We were there last week with Joanne (posted above). My husband had a roommate that was a full parothead, so it wouldn't seem right for us not to go. We had the conch soup (just ok) and cheeseburgers in paradise (better than expected). Since the weather was just ok that day, there wasn't much activity. I could see that the beach could be a lot more fun with a crowd and some sunshine. We did spend some time shopping in the Island Village area. It didn't have a lot of shops, but it was hassle free compared to other areas in Jamaica. We were able to pick up some coffee and jerk seasonings and then take a short walk back to the ship.

Archived