anniversary

may1021

Someone in our group is having an anniversary while onboard the Pride. Does cruise line acknowledge this in any way/ ie cake brought to table ?

Do you have to ask for this or do they do it automatically? Thanks.:)

That's a great question, my wife and I are renewing our vows aboard the ship, but we paid for a package and I know that comes with a cake some pictures and flowers I believe and a small reception for us and the people coming with us.

If you pay for it, yes they'll do something special.

While other cruise lines still provide complimentary cabin decorations, cakes, and other niceties, Carnival doesn't really do anything for free anymore. Well, the waiters will put a candle on your dessert and sing happy anniversary for free! [emoji2]

Edited by Tapi

Well, the waiters will put a candle on your dessert and sing happy anniversary for free! [emoji2]

Is there somewhere online to tell them it's your anniversary or do you tell them in person?

They can make the notation in their booking online, that they are celebrating something. There is a spot where they ask for that info, under the "My Guests" tab in your cruise details. They ask for the occasion being celebrated. Of course, I have no idea why. For my Nov 2016 cruise I have it noted that I'll be turning 40 while on board, but I'm honestly not expecting anything except maybe a "Happy Birthday" when I check in.

Edited by bakersdozen12

They can make the notation in their booking online, that they are celebrating something. There is a spot where they ask for that info, under the "My Guests" tab in your cruise details. They ask for the occasion being celebrated. Of course, I have no idea why. For my Nov 2016 cruise I have it noted that I'll be turning 40 while on board, but I'm honestly not expecting anything except maybe a "Happy Birthday" when I check in.

I saw the tab for special occasions and for allergies. I tried a new PVP and he was an idiot and didn't put anything in ( even though I have severe food allergies) Can I put something in or do I need to just deal with it and inform carnival when I get on the ship?

Is there somewhere online to tell them it's your anniversary or do you tell them in person?

If you sign in to your Booking online just go to Fun Shop purchases? There you can purchase all kinds of things for Birthday, Anniversary etc. Or you can decide which one you want & tell you PVP & have him/her order it for you. You will need the Cabin # & Name.

My sister did this for me on a previous cruise. It was a very special gesture on her part.

I saw the tab for special occasions and for allergies. I tried a new PVP and he was an idiot and didn't put anything in ( even though I have severe food allergies) Can I put something in or do I need to just deal with it and inform carnival when I get on the ship?

It looks like if you are booked through a PVP or TA, you can't edit the allergy or special occasions info yourself. I checked, because I have two bookings right now, one booked through a TA and one myself. I can only edit this info on the booking I did myself online.

Someone in our group is having an anniversary while onboard the Pride. Does cruise line acknowledge this in any way/ ie cake brought to table ?

Do you have to ask for this or do they do it automatically? Thanks.:)

Yes they do. Last cruise our PVP told the cruise line we were sailing for our anniversary. We didn't tell anyone. Even with ATD our waiters brought a cake to dinner one night and sang "happy anniversary" to us. We tried to get the same waiters almost every night so we knew them well by the end of the cruise, but they were so excited to be able to do this and we thought it was really sweet.

Our next cruise we booked on our own, and I did see in the Cruise manager where you can put in somewhere where it says "special occasions" and you can choose if someone is having a birthday, anniversary, etc. I'm sure that's how they knew.