Stephanie's Tour in Moorea and Tahiti

cruisernurse

Does anyone know how to Email Stephanie or get in touch with her? We were there last year and got a brochure about her tours. She seemed dependable and was very helpful to our group in Tahiti eventhough we had already booked with someone else.

What all does she offer? Does she also do transports in Moorea?

What islands does she do tours on ?

Any information would be appreciated!

Nancy

Hi there! I don't know if know who Stephanie is..sounds familiar around here at cc..maybe someone who offered a motu picnic or scuba..cannot remember..but tell me what type of activity you are interested in and I could recommend. I just got back today from the TP with 3 days post cruise in Moorea. I can tell you what we did in Moorea:

On the day that TP was there- Alberts 4x4 safari tour. This was about 3 hours or so. We went on a bumpy ride up to this lookout point, then drove up the Belvedere look outpoint, down to a Marae(temple), off to the agriculture school where you can taste and buy yummy jams and jellies, juice, ice cream, etc. Lastly, we go to the Juice Factory where you taste lots of yummy fruit liquers you can also buy. We also had stopped briefly by a pineapple plantation. This was a great trip and I had booked it months in advance with Albert's directly and it was 4000 cfp or around $40. Worth it!

Post cruise Day 1- we arrived on 7:20 am ferry and checked into the Club Bali Hai early. My husband had pre-arranged a dive with Top Dive so my parents and I decided to grab the motu picnic leaving at 9am. We went out and snorkled where they fed some sharks. We all held on to a rope attached to the boat and they fed the sharks and they swam around us. Lots of fish around too. We then went to shallower water to play with sting rays. We then went to a motu for a picnic lunch and play with the few sting rays who were hanging around the beach. We then went back to the hotel. This was $55. Again..well worth it.

Post cruise day 2- Dr Pooles whale and dolphin expedition. Well, we never saw a single dolphin and we initiallly were chasing a few whalesa round that would breech every so often and blow out water and dive back down. YAWN! I was getting disappointed but he finally found out a whale was hanging out on the other side of the island, so we raced over and found a film crew in a boat nearby as well. They were down right at the whale filming. Dr Poole let us jump out of the boat if we had mask and snorkel we we floated above the whale as he rested below us. He breeched once and then we left. We thought this was awesome and it made up for the rest o fthe morning we just chased a blowhole. This was around $70 a person. For the experience of being that close to a whale in the water..it was worth it for us..but there is never a gaurantee. Whale season is now until November..so chances are good!

Post cruise day 3- Our final day. We rented these mini dune buggies and went around the entire island twice..making justa few stops here and there. It is a beautiful island..glad we did this...$60 for 4 hours.

If there is anything else you think you want to do..let me know..I may have other recommendations. I am putting together my entire review now!

We did Stephan's tour in Moorea (sorry no email address). We just found him when we got on the dock. We thought it was the BEST value we got the entire trip. Yes he packs the boat in - but it really wasn't a problem. Did the shark feeding, then stingrays then on to a really cool Motu with AWESOME snorkeling. I think we paid $55.00 apiece (including lunch - not that impressive), or you could pay $35.00 just for the tour. Have a great time.

Tammy

Hi maygoddess - I'm with Nancy on the same cruise. We are doing two days post in Moorea at the Sheraton. Any suggestions on where to eat inexpensively.

Ginger

Eat inexpensively..hmm...those two words definitely do not belong together when you speak of Tahiti!! LOL!

Well..we were lucky to stay at a place in Moorea that had a kitchenette so after paying for a few expensive restaurant meals there, we went to the local grocery store with a very limited selection and bought fresh baguettes every day which is cheap..also cheese and deli meats..sometimes we made them as panini and others for lunch, ate regular.

I am not sure about the Sheraton..if you at least have a fridge(our Sheraton in Papeete did), you should try and stock up on water, juices and if you like to have cocktails..some alcohol..it will be cheaper than buying at the sheraton or any restaurant. SOmetimes a fresh juice would be $4-5 or more!You can get a small carton for less than $3!

There are a ton of pizza places on Moorea..we ate at Le Sud Restaurant where the dinner plate size pizzas(so individual size) were $15 each. You can probably find cheaper.

I got home and weighed myself and found I gained absolutely no weight..probably because whatever I overindulged on the ship on..I quickly lost it on the "food is expensive in Tahiti diet"..LOL!

Maygoddess, I'm with Nancy and Ginger on the same cruise. Can you tell me where you rented the mini dune buggies. That sounds like fun.

Mike

Hi Mike! We rented them at our resort..CLub Bali Hai had an Avis rental place right at the front desk..but if you are going to port on the ship day there, they will be right at the dock waiting for you. Get off early to ensure you can get one!

We did Stephan's tour in Moorea (sorry no email address). We just found him when we got on the dock. We thought it was the BEST value we got the entire trip. Yes he packs the boat in - but it really wasn't a problem. Did the shark feeding, then stingrays then on to a really cool Motu with AWESOME snorkeling. I think we paid $55.00 apiece (including lunch - not that impressive), or you could pay $35.00 just for the tour. Have a great time.

Tammy

This sounds like the tour we did from the Club Bali Hai..There is Hiro's tours and then the guy we took..forgot the name..but the pricing sounds similar..it was $55 for a full motu picnic snorkel thing. Don't get caught up on going with a particular person..on Moorea..any snorkel motu picnic will be exactly the same! In fact, you follow each other out to the same shark feeding area and you all go to the same motu..you are lined up like cord wood along teh same beach with other groups..each has their own reserved spot on the motu. Maybe the food varies slightly..but theya re all basically the same.

We had an incident at the dock when Princess was in town where two tour operators actually came to physical blows with each other(two women) because they were both fighting over the same two passengers! They got a little too competitive with each other..insulted each other and got into a knock down drag out fight..very ugly. You will find that tour operators can get competitive at the dock. This happened in Bora Bora as well..but no fights. Be careful!

Stephanie was a female. We did Stephan in Raietea and loved him. We plan to use him again in Raietea and Bora Bora. The dune buggies sound like a blast. Were you allowed to ride them on the beach?

How much were they? Do you remember the name of the company or if they had an email address?

Does anyone know of a sunset cruise out of Moorea? If so, name, email, etc.

Thanks for the help and information

Nancy

Maygoddess, you're right - they are exactly the same. We found Stephan at the dock and were actually driven over to club Bali Hi where we picked up other passengers. There was another boat there leaving at the same time and we actually had some of their passengers on our boat by mistake and switched them over at the stingrays (like you said we did everything the same). At the end of the day they took us directly back to the tender dock.

Tammy

Stephanie was a female. We did Stephan in Raietea and loved him. We plan to use him again in Raietea and Bora Bora. The dune buggies sound like a blast. Were you allowed to ride them on the beach?

How much were they? Do you remember the name of the company or if they had an email address?

Does anyone know of a sunset cruise out of Moorea? If so, name, email, etc.

Thanks for the help and information

Nancy

Cruisernurse,

There really is not much "beach" to speak of in Moorea or any of the islands. Motu's tend to have more sandy beach than the islands..so you really cannot ride any vehicles on the beach. There is one main road all the way around Moorea you can drive around..and you can also take it up to the Belevedere lookout but this is a narrow, but paved winding road that buses, safari trucks and cars drive up..so you have to be careful when driving the buggies up there.

As far as a sunset cruise on Moorea..hmm..not sure..I would look at tahititraveler.com for possibilities. Since Princess was not docked there overnight, there was nooone really at the dock advertising it. On postcruise, you usually would find things at your hotel since the dock that Princess tenders in to is only active when the ship is in.

We did a sunset cruise in Raiatea on teh catamaran we chartered for the afternoon/evening. Other than that..there really was not too many spectacular sunsets on any of our islands.. Moorea always was overcast at night so not sure what you would see.

Anyway..hope that helped answer your question!

Pension Motu Iti is just a short walk from the Sheraton, turn left out of the drive. we stated there 3 days precruise and ate all but one meal there. Youcan get a wonderful brakfast, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and toast and jam for 8.00US. they have wonderful fish burgers, and the dinner menu is very good and reasonably priced. there is a small store farther on, maybe a 5 minute walk, and they have several chinese dishes available, and fresh french bread for 40 cents or so a loaf.

Archived