Carnival liberty 7 day out of Puerto Rico...advice needed

Aggie2010

This is a pretty port intensive cruise, which port might you skip just to hang back on the ship for the day???

While I totally understand why you'd want to do something like that, I would recommend doing maybe a half day onboard like I did with St.Thomas. I skipped the rest of the day because all I wanted to do was shop, and enjoy the ship, like you said. I was off the boat around 7:30, and was back on around 1:30, and the ship was very much empty until around 4. But the reason I was so long was because I went over to Charlotte Amalie. If you just stayed near the dock area and shopped and hung out there, you could go from 8-10, beat the lunch rush, and still have the ship day. St.Thomas has the good shopping right there in the port so it works out easy if you like to shop.

If shopping is not your thing, then you could skip STT entirely. It is on most Eastern Caribbean cruises as is, as well as many Journey's cruises, so you'll probably be back later. Yes, it's beautiful, but nothing like you'll encounter in the other 4. I hope you enjoy your trip! :D

I live in Puerto Rico now so any questions about Puerto Rico or San Juan I will be happy to help with. Thanks for all the advice on the ports of call. I'm looking forward to cruising out of San Juan to these ports.

Hi, myself and my kids (26 and 23) will be arriving to PR 2 nights before the cruise. We want to explore PR culture and enjoy the food. Any recommendation for hotel near the airport or the port or close to centre San Juan?. Breakfast included is a bonus so we can start our day earlier - thank you

I just got back from this itinerary (with a group of 8) earlier this month. Here is what we did (I planned it out after reading various reviews on Cruise Critic).

St. Thomas - taxi to Sapphire Beach and then Paradise Point. I think you might be able to walk around and see what to get into at this port. We enjoyed Sapphire Beach, though. It was very low key and relaxed.

Barbados - HIGHLY recommend Calabaza catamaran tour. They only allow 12 people on the boat, so it almost feels like a private tour. Drinks (alcoholic and non), lunch, and several snacks included in the price. It's only $10 pp more than the Carnival, but it feels like you paid a lot more than that on it! Favorite day of the trip.

St. Lucia - did Spencer Ambrose Land, Sea, and Beach tour. Loved the views and the snorkeling at Jalousie Beach (best snorkeling of the trip) and the boat tour portion was great (possibly contributed by the free flowing rum punch ;)). If I went again, I would just do the Beach tour. From what I read on here before the trip, you should have a planned excursion at this port.

St. Kitts - transfer to Cockleshell Beach (Reggae Beach Bar) with Pereira tours, including a stop at Timothy Hill. Enjoyed Cockleshell Beach - get there early if you can! It's probably very possible at this port to walk and see what to do - lots of taxi drivers and tour operators around offering trips at the port.

St. Maarten - taxi to Mullet Bay and then walked over to Maho Beach to experience the planes. Mullet Bay was gorgeous (the most clear water I have seen) and the bar and food stand, Rosie's, makes incredible frozen drinks and freshly grilled food right there. Some excursions (as mentioned above) make a stop here. This is probably a port you could see what to get into also. This was the nicest port in my opinion. There is a water taxi from the port that goes to a very nice shopping area (high end stores) and also beach access. That being said, I still recommend Mullet Bay!

Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!

We have booked Calabaza! Trying to find out if the final payment is cash or do they just use the credit card on file.