Why is it that....?

Summergee

Why is it that

1 When I receive and email from Cunard I read it avidly even if this year is booked and next year is planned, but if I receive an email from a favourite hotel it only gets a cursory glance, even if I have nothing booked?

2 When I book a cruise I ask for a table of 6 but at a hotel I would hate to be told that I had to share a table?

3 Time passes more quickly on a ship than on land?

4 I am more inclined to exercise on a ship than on a land based holiday?

5 I am not usually hungry at lunchtime on a holiday in Britain but am famished at lunchtime on a ship?

1. You have come to be able to tell the difference between a hotel and a ship.

2. The people who have also requested assignment to a large table are most likely to share your interest in having a nucleus of diners with whom to meet daily and share experiences and conversation.

3. It's similar to being required to eat turnips as a child as opposed to chocolate layer cake -- the turnips took forever while the cake seemed to vanish.

4. Even plodding along on a treadmill gains flair when done while looking ahead at the open sea.

5. Without commenting on your culinary skills, there is something about having someone else prepare/serve food for you; not to mention the superb aperitif effect sea air possesses.

You are not alone.