Drink question

mattyd831

Patty, I know what you mean. DH kept calling me cheap when he saw that I was bringing two cases of water. With three DD's the cost for 7 days would have been outrageous. When he saw our final bill for this year as opposed to last year I think he appreciated my frugalness.

If you put it in your carry on you should be fine. If it goes in your checked bag it will probably get pulled out and you will be called down to the luggage jail to open the bag for security to check it and make sure it isn't alcohol. This will delay the bag from arriving at your cabin for several hours at least.

It's great that you saved money by purchasing the water at home and schlepping it to the ship.

If you read the label on most bottles waters, you will find that you have paid for distilled or filtered water from a tap.

The water produced on most cruise ships is actually more pure - and often tastes better - than the stuff from the bottle.

Why not save even more money, and precious space on the airplane, by drinking the free tap water on the ship???

Jim Gallup, I have no problem drinking the water on the ship. My DD's are habitual water drinkers. I'm afraid that the bottle of water is what they are used to and refilling a plastic bottle is not the best practice. During the 7 day cruise they finished 48 bottles of water, that would have amounted to $144.00 on the bill. We drive to the pier so you don't need to worry about us taking any space on an airplane. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with my little story.

I'm a bottled water person at home and drink the water on the ship and it does taste great. I had no problem drinking the water in the dining rooms, or from the buffet. That being said I also brought on bottled water on the ship just for the convienince of it. It is so easy to just grab a bottle and go, without having to stop and get the faucet cold and refill the bottles....which often don't fit well in the sinks in the cabin bathroom.......so you have to go up to the buffet to refill your bottles.

:)

I too love the convenience of bottled water in my cabin. We have always had a fridge, and I drink water all day long!! I too drive to the ship, and we dont bring tons of luggage, so I dont think we are taking up too much space with our case of water.

Archived