MIA Metrorail to downtown

sportmorgan

Flying into MIA mid morning, mid week, day before my cruise. Any reason why I wouldn't want to take the Metrorail to Hampton Inn Brickell, versus taking a cab? Traveling light, appears to be pretty convenient (and cheap!).

If you have the time and can manage your luggage, and the weather is fine, no reason during daylight hours not to take it. You're only a block from the hotel when you get off. Takes a little longer than a taxi. I wouldn't use it during rush hour times or maybe even at lunch times, as it may be a bit crowded, at certain stops, but pre-5PM you should be fine.

By all means, take the Metrorail. It's $2.25 from MIA to Brickell. Catch the Orange Line at the airport (look for the signs for the airport terminal). Buy a one way ticket and get on. It's that simple. Get off at the Brickell Station and you're just a block away from the Hampton Inn (a great place to stay!). If you feel like seeing the sights, catch the Metromover (free) or the trolley (free) to Bayside Marketplace or just wander around Mary Brickell Village (where the Hampton Inn is). I worked downtown the past 11 years and Metrorail and Metromover were my modes of transportation.