RCI's CVP call made me chuckle

Last night while at work I put a cabin on hold for the 12/3/16 sailing of the Harmony.

I had a voicemail on my phone today from my assigned CVP who said she was following up on my hold for my Adventure of the Seas sailing March 26, 2016.

Luckily I know that while RCI gives you a great cruise their shore side operations and IT dept can really make you scratch your head.

I booked with a TA . I didn't have great confidence in someone who gets your info wrong right out of the gate.

Bill

That's funny, in an ironic way, and actually, maybe, a little scary. That may mean that someone thinking they have Adventure on hold really doesn't.

We've never received a call from a CVP, but we've never put cruises on hold either. We just call and book directly (kind of the old fashioned way) and only use the website to look up information that we assume will usually be close, but likely wrong. Then we call to get the real information.

That's why we like booking future cruises while on a ship. The people there seem to really know what they are doing and we almost always get a better deal than we would have if we waited until we got home.

To be fair, the constant "non-sales" that they have are so subjective and confusing even to a human brain. I can't imagine how a computer program could keep up. It's sort of like trying to guess what the stock market is going to do next.

Tom

Last night while at work I put a cabin on hold for the 12/3/16 sailing of the Harmony.

I had a voicemail on my phone today from my assigned CVP who said she was following up on my hold for my Adventure of the Seas sailing March 26, 2016.

Luckily I know that while RCI gives you a great cruise their shore side operations and IT dept can really make you scratch your head.

I booked with a TA . I didn't have great confidence in someone who gets your info wrong right out of the gate.

Bill