Western Caribbean Excursions

battybtags

We're cruising to the Western Caribbean for the first time in Oct. We're visiting Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Falmouth (and Castaway Cay). Does anyone recommend any good excursions? My girls are 6 and 3 so we seem limited by their young ages to do a lot of "fun" stuff (zipline, etc).

I'm thinking of doing a semi-sub in either Cozumel or GC....same price. GC is 45min vs. Cozumel 75min but I hear GC has more to look at. But also thought of doing 7mile beach in GC.

Any recommendations would be great! If you've used a private tour, that would be great as well (I can't believe how expensive these are!)

We're cruising to the Western Caribbean for the first time in Oct. We're visiting Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Falmouth (and Castaway Cay). Does anyone recommend any good excursions? My girls are 6 and 3 so we seem limited by their young ages to do a lot of "fun" stuff (zipline, etc).

I'm thinking of doing a semi-sub in either Cozumel or GC....same price. GC is 45min vs. Cozumel 75min but I hear GC has more to look at. But also thought of doing 7mile beach in GC.

Any recommendations would be great! If you've used a private tour, that would be great as well (I can't believe how expensive these are!)

The Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman is popular with kids. You can go there on your own, or do an excursion (private or with DCL).

Grand Cayman is totally easy and safe on your own. We did the turtle farm as part of an island tour, but frankly the rest of the tour would be boring for kids. The good part was that our tour including the turtle farm was the same price as the turtle farm alone AND we had the option of being dropped off at a beach of our choosing or taken back to the tender terminal (we used Captain Marvin's). This would save paying for one way transportation to the beach if you chose that option. Return from the main beaches is easy--there is a bus as well as plenty of cabs.

All beaches in Grand Cayman are public and free--you can rent whatever you want as far as chairs, umbrellas, food, etc.

Cozumel, if you want a beach day the place to go is Paradise Beach. Cozumel is NOT a place to go off the beaten tourist track. You can do excursions on your own, but don't rent a vehicle and go exploring. Taxis are readily available at the cruise dock and prices are posted on a board. Just stick to the tourist areas.