Transfer to Florence from Livorno

jlacovara

Hello all,

I'm going on my first cruise this summer and have booked HAL's transfer to Florence. I'm planning on buying my Uffizi tickets online so I can skip the lines, but I'm not sure when I should make the booking for. My excursion timetable says it departs at 7:45--does this mean we have to be on the bus and leaving at 7:45, or that we disembark the ship at 7:45?

If anyone has any guidance for when I should reserve the Uffizi tickets, I'd be really happy to hear it! I would hate to make a reservation for a certain time and then miss it.

Thank you!

If your excursion says 7:45, it will be departing at 7:45. Plan on being at the designated location at least 10-15 min before that.

As for your question about time to Florence, may I suggest you also post your question in the Mediterranean Ports of Call section? You may get more response.

Unless there is a delay in the ship being cleared and guests being permitted to go ashore, you should expect to meet where designated as the posted above has indicated.

When you board the ship, you should find your excursion(s) tickets on the counter in your cabin when you arrive. The tickets will tell you when and where to meet your group.

Welcome to CC/HAL. Happy you found us. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Hello all,

I'm going on my first cruise this summer and have booked HAL's transfer to Florence. I'm planning on buying my Uffizi tickets online so I can skip the lines, but I'm not sure when I should make the booking for. My excursion timetable says it departs at 7:45--does this mean we have to be on the bus and leaving at 7:45, or that we disembark the ship at 7:45?

If anyone has any guidance for when I should reserve the Uffizi tickets, I'd be really happy to hear it! I would hate to make a reservation for a certain time and then miss it.

Thank you!

The bus is scheduled to leave at 7:45; however, there could be delays loading, counting tickets, or whatever. It is an 1 1/2 hour trip, if you leave by 8:00, you should be there around 9:30 providing there are no traffic problems. Giving yourself time to get orientated once there, walk to the museum from the bus stop, and have some additional "slop time" so you are not rushed, etc.; I definitely wouldn't book anything before 10:00, maybe even 10:30.

The Uffizi is open Tuesday through Sunday, 8:15 am – 6:50 pm.

This means it is CLOSED on Mondays.

http://www.uffizi.org/museum/

FWIW, here is a good link with some information on public transportation: http://www.livornonow.com/travelling_to_florence_by_train_from_livorno

We used the same HAL transfer last September. We had pre-booked tickets to the Accademia to see Michaelangelo's David and more art than you can shake a stick at in the Uffizi. I was not sure about the times either so I booked the Accademia around 11 am and the Uffizi at 2pm. The trip to Florence seemed to take forever, traffic was terrible and we made a pit stop (which was great, except they only had one restroom for a bus full of people). :confused:

We got off the bus and waked for about 15 min so our guide could show us our meeting spot. After that we went straight to the Accademia and the pre-paid line was LONG. We waited about 45 min to get in. Same thing with the Uffizi. They never looked at the time on our tickets, just let us in. I think they just make you pick times as a form of crowd control so not everyone shows up at the same time. We were there on a Saturday and the city was very crowded. I hope that helps! Have a fantastic trip!:)