Splendor tips/ tricks

auntylinda

I found a few "All Things Splendor" threads, but the last posts all seem to be a year or more old. Can anyone confirm these things, or give insight? Anything else you think would be helpful I'd be happy to hear as well!

Are the "secret decks" the best place for embarkation?

Is the serenity area just lounge chairs?

Is the aft pool and hot tubs still adults only? Are children allowed on the deck, just not in the water?

I've heard about the fitness center shower being a better place to go. Is that true on the splendor?

Is it still possible to get juice at the buffet 24 hours because they leave the machine up just take the signs down?

Is there a wine tasting event?

Other than the steakhouse in the ghost night, is there a time and/or place to get a deal on a bottle of wine?

Are the "secret decks" the best place for embarkation?

That's a personal preference. We prefer our own balcony, many prefer the Lido deck.

Pretty much, yes. Some are larger and more comfortable. There is also a bar

Is the aft pool and hot tubs still adults only? Are children allowed on the deck, just not in the water?

Yes and yes.

I've heard about the fitness center shower being a better place to go. Is that true on the splendor?

The showers are nice, though depending on where your cabin is it could be quite a hike. If you are planning to work out every day this isn't an issue of course.

Is there a wine tasting event?

Yes there was a year ago, not so much an "event" but a Wine Tasting 101 sort of class. We went once, I liked it, everyone I went with thought it was lame.

Other than the steakhouse in the first night, is there a time and/or place to get a deal on a bottle of wine?

No, you can bring a bottle when you board and purchase others in port(to be consumed in port or when your trip is over). Once in awhile you can win a bottle of champagne in the trivia contests.

My Wife and I are just got off Splendor in March of this year. I agree with all of the answers above. The secret decks are a great place for embarkation if you don’t want to be around a lot of people. I really like the rear of the Lido Deck, so you can see the ports city as you pull away. Let me know if I can answer any other questions that you might have. Happy Cruising!

Carnival Liberty – February 28, 2016

Carnival Splendor - March 15, 2015

Carnival Mardi Gras – July 3, 1991

• 2 months later...
I found a few "All Things Splendor" threads, but the last posts all seem to be a year or more old. Can anyone confirm these things, or give insight? Anything else you think would be helpful I'd be happy to hear as well!

FYI - I just started a new All Things Splendor thread a few days ago . . . http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2249257

Pretty much, yes. Some are larger and more comfortable. There is also a bar

Yes and yes.

The serenity area is also around the smoking area on the one side of the ship.

Music plays very loudly back there-- nothing serene about the area--LOL

children were asked to leave the area entirely-- they are not allowed in the pool, the hot tubs or in the chairs.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on a couple of Carnival cruises and there has been an upper floor to the buffet area. On one ship they served fish & chips and other seafood up there and on another ship it there was a mix & match pasta bar up there. Does anyone know if the Splendor also has this upper floor and what they serve up there if there is one? It always seemed less busy than downstairs with lots of seating and we enjoyed it.

When we cruise in October, I plan on checking out the rotisserie as they have chicken, salads, and corn on the cob. It is usually quieter & less crowded on the upper deck too.

Definitely check it out. The lido gets so crowded and the Rotisserie area has lots of seating and is usually fairly empty. It's right up the staircase from the lido dessert area. Enjoy!

Also, do you need dauber to pay bingo or can you use a pen or something else?

no-= and dont mark up your cards or they become invalid card.

they are they type with a punch that you fold over when that number is called

Does the Splendor have a murder mystery lunch?

ships that have the murder mystery-- is NOT a lunch but a presentation one night in the begining and then clues the rest of the week.

Its nothing at all like at home for the murder mysteries