Embarkation Lunch Strategy

edbro

Where is the best place to eat right after embarking? I know the buffets get crowded so is there a quieter, little known venue? We have FTTF if that helps.

That class of ship has a fish & chip station one deck up from the main buffet. Find what you want to eat in the buffet, then take the elevator with your food upstairs for a quieter place to eat. There is also a drink station there.

I would suggest going to whatever your favorite place is and enjoy said place line free...like Mongolian Wok, or the Deil that sometimes get quite a queue. Even when Guys is crowded it seem to go quickly. You'll have no issue and you can grab a prime lido table to watch people light up as they board the ship.

If you have FTTF and are at the port when boarding starts you be done with lunch long before it gets crowded.

Totally. I grab three poolside seats, my husband and daughter get their food, and then I get mine. Its perfect (but only if you dont mind not eating at a table).

We tend to have FTTF so its empty when we board, so we can move fast.. and we don't do the full hot buffet selections inside.

Which ship? Some have stations upstairs from the buffet, like the Conquest or Splendor. Splendor has the Tandoor all the way aft.

Spirit class has about 5 hot lines. Go furthest aft, it's usually the least crowded.

Fantasy class usually has a rotisserie in the middle of the outside grill/Asian line.

That class of ship has a fish & chip station one deck up from the main buffet. Find what you want to eat in the buffet, then take the elevator with your food upstairs for a quieter place to eat. There is also a drink station there.

I agree, Fish and Chips is the best answer. It will be quiet and is little known, especially the first day.

You can also eat there instead of taking food to it. It has some great selections.

I agree, Fish and Chips is the best answer. It will be quiet and is little known, especially the first day.

You can also eat there instead of taking food to it. It has some great selections.

If there is not a Fish and Chips counter, then Pasta Bella is good on the first day (it's only on a few ships). Either will get more crowded later in the cruise as more people find them. On the Sunshine Pasta Bella and the Mongolian Wok are aft in the Havana Bar. Both are good choices for embarkation day, and there is a small Cuban buffet on the starboard side of the bar.