Deposits Question

I thought June Promo included 50% deposits for all sailings.

I ran a request for an 11 day European Cruise for Feb 2016.....

Deposit for 2 people in an inside cabin is coming up at $800

Is this correct? Is it because of the length of the cruise or that it is a European cruise?

Book an Oceanview room or higher and choose from four great offers: Ultimate Beverage Package, Ultimate Dining Package, WiFi Package, or a Shore Excursion Credit. Best of all, book a Suite or The Haven and get all four offers for FREE! Plus, Friends & Family in the same stateroom sail free on select sailings. Now is an amazing time to Cruise Like a Norwegian.

Plus, reserve any cruise by June 30th with just half of the deposit.

Not misleading or confusing.....to me "any cruise" does not limit it to 2015 sailings.

Pretty much they need to honor the 50% deposit on 2016 sailings, or it is false advertising.

Why do folks search for "gotchas?" :p

Clearly stated in the terms of that promo item...

Reduced Deposit:

Valid: 6/1/2015-6/30/2015

Applicable Sailings: All 2015 sailings

Reduced Deposit is 50% off the standard deposit. Reduced Deposit does not apply to Haven and S1 categories.

Edited by computerworks

Pretty much with any promotion you should read the Terms and Conditions. The applicable information is right there. Caveat Emptor.

Reduced Deposit:

Valid: 6/1/2015-6/30/2015

Applicable Sailings: All 2015 sailings

Offer is for New individual FIT Reservations and New Group and FS Delegates booked outside of finalization. RQs are not applicable unless they convert to OF or BK within the booking window.

Qualifying new individual reservations can be moved into existing group and count towards Tour Conductor Credits. Promotion can not be held as group block.

Reduced Deposit is 50% off the standard deposit. Reduced Deposit does not apply to Haven and S1 categories.

Reservation must be assigned with names. Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions.

For reduced deposit reservations cancelled during deposit fee period, fee amount will be assessed in line with terms of booked promotion

I was informed by my PCC to hold off for the June Promotion to get the 50% deposit for our group sailing in 2016.

Please direct me to the URL for the terms and conditions, which I do not see referenced on their site. Perhaps TA's got it, but the general public goes off of what they read on the NCL website....and it says

Plus, reserve any cruise by June 30th with just half of the deposit.

Not everyone is looking for gotcha's or trying to get over on the system....

nor do they deserve snarky replies to a simple question. While I appreciate the actual answer that it is only for 2015 sailings, I do not appreciate the snarkiness.

Perhaps the question should have been why do people have to try to chide others who are seriously only looking for answers. I can tell you that if I got this kind of response from a NCL employee I would unbook the group cruise and look elsewhere. I sure hope you guys are not in any sort of customer care business.

Thanks for the link and thanks for pointing me to the small print for the T&C's.

The point of a forum or a board is to give people the chance to gain from other people experience and knowledge.

Reading back over my initial question, it seems I asked a legitimate question which was answered when I was told someone had been told it was for 2015 sailings only.

I responded, that saying in the primary ad that says Reserve ANY Cruise by June 30th with just half deposit, is not only misleading, but false advertising. Yes, the T&C's spell out the terms differently, and I accept that.

I was asking to eat a fish, not to learn how to fish.

Maybe I am thin skinned, but I did take the answers to look it up and asking a rhetorical question of why don't people read the terms & conditions to have been quite snarky. I really do not need to be lectured to and have no need for trolls who whole life is to get on peoples nerves.

Maybe I am thin skinned, but I did take the answers to look it up and asking a rhetorical question of why don't people read the terms & conditions to have been quite snarky. I really do not need to be lectured to and have no need for trolls who whole life is to get on peoples nerves.

Feel better now? :cool:

So, not only do you not want to learn how to fish, you want to eat the fish caught by others AND bite the hand that feeds you.

Interesting approach.