Vista Date & Itinerary Changes

Cinders411

I booked the Vista sailing New York to Miami on Nov 18th 2016. Received notification today from Carnival that this has changed. The ship is now sailing on the 16th and returning to New York instead of Miami. This really does not work for me. I booked Early Saver Rate. Can I get my money refunded or no?

Edited by Cinders411

I'm on the same cruise and really unhappy about the change too. They still show a Nov 27th cruise out of miami available to book so none of this makes any sense. I hope we can get our money back or be booked in the same room on the new repo cruise.

Received another email from Carnival. They are saying the round trip to New York was a typo. Cruise will end in Miami after all but, sails two days earlier which still sucks. I guess nobody at Carnival bothers to check emails before they go out......... :mad:

The return to NY is a typo, the ship will go to Miami, it will leave NYC 2 days early because they can't do Cruise to nowhere anymore so they opted to change dates instead of leaving the cruise ship empty two days.

Received another email from Carnival. They are saying the round trip to New York was a typo. Cruise will end in Miami after all but, sails two days earlier which still sucks. I guess nobody at Carnival bothers to check emails before they go out......... :mad:

Do you have to pay more for the cruise now that it is two days longer, or do you get those two extra days for free?

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'm curious why two extra days on a ship would suck.

Do you have to pay more for the cruise now that it is two days longer, or do you get those two extra days for free?

Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'm curious why two extra days on a ship would suck.

Two extra days on a ship would not suck, unless the cruise was already sucking.

Might be an issue with work, changing dates and all.

Might be an issue with return flights, the cost of changing air fare and all.

Also the cruise is not two days extra it is two days earlier, so it will be arriving in Miami 2 days earlier as well. Is this not correct?

Also the cruise is not two days extra it is two days earlier, so it will be arriving in Miami 2 days earlier as well. Is this not correct?

You are correct. The repo cruise departs NYC on Nov. 16th, and arrives in MIA on Nov. 27th. Airfare will be a premium, given our arrival is now on a huge travel day. Many on our roll call are electing to stay in Miami an extra day or two to defer the airfare cost, and extend their holiday.

I understand now, the way I read it, I thought they were extending the length of the cruise. Thanks for the clarification.

Is our Transatlantic cruise on Vista (leaving Barcelona on October 21st and arriving in New York on November 3rd) still ok? I hope so, I'm really looking forward to it!! :D I haven't heard anything from Carnival but thought I'd check here, just to make sure.

Is our Transatlantic cruise on Vista (leaving Barcelona on October 21st and arriving in New York on November 3rd) still ok? I hope so, I'm really looking forward to it!! :D I haven't heard anything from Carnival but thought I'd check here, just to make sure.

Yes, it's only cruises to nowhere and the cruises due to depart straight after cruises to nowhere that are affected, don't worry.

Edited by bridgetjonesni