Cozumel Beach Break with Island Marketing, Inc.

mnsawyer

Just found this on http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com - it's called Cozumel Beach Break and for $32 per person it's all you can drink and eat. It runs from 9-5 each day. There is a pool with a swim up bar and jacuzzi, chairs palapa style restuarnt, etc. that looks fabulous and they are calling this place a beach club? Is this Nachi Com?? that is closed due to the hurricane or is this some place different?

Thanks!

Mary

Please see the post by "Debs Captain" in the thread that follows this link.

Play Mia is a much better experience for the money, and after inspecting the facilities at all those that were open at the time, Playa Mia had the most to offer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=231355

Play Mia is a much better experience for the money, and after inspecting the facilities at all those that were open at the time, Playa Mia had the most to offer.

I must beg to differ with you, cruizinrican....

We spent a real fun day at Playa Mia a few years ago. Open bar arranged through our Carnival cruise.

However, it was an effing MADHOUSE. Teenagers blowing down shots of tequila- music blaring, t'was a mob scene. (Which I dislike at 45 yrs. old)

We had a nice time, but Nachi Cocum spoiled us the last few years.

As I've been so delighted with cozumelcruiseexcursions.com in the past, it looks like we might end up at Palm Beach next month. I'll trust the fine folks there to point me in the right direction! ;)

I must beg to differ with you, cruizinrican

No need to beg and it's OK to differ.:rolleyes: My girlfriend(cruizinrican) has been to Nache-Cocom and raved about it. It was closed last week during our visit.We reserved Palm Beach and were not impressed at all when we arrived, so we leaft and were lucky enough to find Playa-Mia.

It was not very crowded at Play Mia on our day, but I can see that place getting mobbed. If the party atmosphere is not what your looking for, then perhaps a different beach club is best, however Play-Mia by far offers the MOST Inclusive for the money.

Which I dislike at 45 yrs. old

Wow! I hope I'm not ready to retire to the porch swing at Shady Acres at only 45 years old!I don't have that far to go, but I still feel like I'm 25:p

But drunken teenagers sounds like my idea of one of Dante's inferno's. I don't need it quiet, but I would rather spend the day with lots of screaming kids at the beach(I have none)than drunken teens.

Everyone's idea of a fun beach is different. We did Disney cruise last year, and I reallly enjoyed snorkeling on the main beach with all the kids. But one of the couple's at our table spent the entire day at the adults only beach & loved it! And I would never have walked over to the teen only part of the main beach.

So I can see how Nanette would hate a day at the beach with loud music & drunk teenagers. I can also see how Deb would enjoy a not as busy day at the same beach. I'm betting Deb didn't deal with the drunk folks at all. Since drunks of any sort are a pet peeve of mine, I would have been more annoyed than Nanette. LOL :D

We are going snorkeling and then shopping this time around...which I guess is a good thing, I wouldn't want to have to chose amongst all the beaches in Cozumel.:)

Did you shop in Coz? If so, what was your favorite place? I am soooo excited about going! Mind you, I haven't begun to pack yet, we have a convention on the 01Oct weekend, and I am still doing stuff for that! But I have looked up every possible thing you could imagine for our cruise & week in fla after...I was told by a friend that I was over-planning when I said I needed to print out a coupon for donuts...i like donuts...so its not overplanning to me!;)

The only REAL shopping that I do in Cozumel is for high-priced perfumes and booze.

I've saved SERIOUS MONEY on Jean Paul Gaultier, Angel, Spark and some of my other favorite scents. If you're into fragrances, price 'em on the internet, write it down and take the list with you. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'll be darned if I can tell you WHICH pier I've always been docked on, but it's the one that the Grand Princess and Conquest dock at. (Big Ships)

When you walk out, you're basically coralled through a mall with a zillion venders.....all of whom basically sell the same items for the same prices. That's where I've always done my shopping.

Normally I decide who I'm buying from, get prices, try to wrangle a free "gift" out of 'em, and return before re-embarking to buy. (Thus not having to lug stuff around)

Once you get out of the mall, you end up in a plaza with another zillion merchants.

If you're into shopping, baby, you'll be in heaven! :)

If you like silver, go to the silver store on the square in San Miguel, if you enter (from the main street) from left side of the square it is on the left (I have been there 4 times but can't remember the name!) The have the best prices ( many items are only 10.00) and have a great selection. Cozumel is one of out favorite ports, we were just there last week. We have done the beach, snorkeling, dune buggy's and just hanging out and always had a great time.

Enjoy!

The day we were at Nachi Cocum, March 2005, the surf was rough; so we spent a great deal of our time enjoying the swim-up bar and hot tub.

Our next visit will be Dec. 24, 2005. I am unsure how warm the water will be. Our point of reference, Lake Erie, will be 39 degrees Fahrenheit at that time. So I think that I would like a beach club with pool. Any recommendations?

atlasali: The water temperature in Cozumel only varies by a few degrees all year round, so the ocean is always a nice swim. To answer your question, San Francisco has a pool and I think Mr. Sancho's has a very shallow one. Paradise Beach has plans to construct one.

Hope that helps!

Try Playa Mia, we did for the first time and was so glad we did! We paid $42 all-inclusive package. Boy did we have fun so much so we are going back to this same place when we bring the kids in December.

Cruizinrican:)

Playa Mia is a great place to bring the "kids".

If you don't mind puking teenagers,who've had too many shots of tequila, anyway.

We did it a few years back when it was only 25 bucks though Carnival. Never again.

Does anyone know when Nachi Cocum expects to be up and running? We were there in May and have reservations to go back again (next May) My cousin will be on a cruise for her honeymoon in April and tried to make reservations at Nachi Cocum but told they are closed due to Hurricane Emily. Do you think they will still be closed in April and May?

We reserved Palm Beach and were not impressed at all when we arrived, so we leaft and were lucky enough to find Playa-Mia.

QUOTE]

Why were you not impressed? We did Playa Mia last year in November...we would like to do Palm Beach this time just for something different.

Let me know what you didn't like. It looks like Palm has alot to offer. We are a group of 6 ranging from 34-43....but are on vacation so we will act like we are 21!

I'll be darned if I can tell you WHICH pier I've always been docked on, but it's the one that the Grand Princess and Conquest dock at. (Big Ships)

That sounds like Puerto Maya, and that has to be the longest "duty free" shop I have ever been in.

02Puerta-Maya-pier.jpg

Los Cinco Soles is also located at this pier. I like this store because they post the prices, accept credit cards, and have a big selection of native crafts. If you want to haggle prices, this isn't the store for you, but if you want a big selection in a nice clean shop, this will do fine.

According to the Cozumel Newspaper it looks like it could be a while before they reopen- . Some major ecological issues apart from the Hurricane. Hopefully they will get them resolved and be opened back up soon but it definitely won't be next week.

For what it's worth, on the Cozumel Insider coupon for Nachi Cocom it says it will reopen in late November.

Archived