Not Quite 'Live From' Rhapsody, 12th June

The Radiance also has plumbing problems. But have grown to understand plumbing for 2000+ people is just a problem

Sounds like Greece in June is rather warm. We will be there in October, so hoping for beautiful weather. We do not go to Istanbul, ours is a 9 days, Crete, Mykonos, Ephesus, Santorini, Athens & Katalon.

Enjoyed your writing, thanks for posting...See you late October on the Vision! We have dear friends in Chestershire.

• 5 months later...

That's a beautiful picture. In Oia, you can get this view down near the old "castle," although I don't think you can get this exact shot from there. To do that, you'd have to wiggle your way down the cliff a bit BEFORE you find the path to wiggle down to the castle. If you visit Oia (and you should if you haven't before), I would try to go first down to the castle (southwest, I think) because you can see a lot from that area (windmills, lots of blue domes, things on the cliff that you don't see if you stay way up top) as opposed to exploring closer to the NE part of Oia. Tomsportguide dot com has info on how to walk to Oia castle once you're in Oia. I probably have more info including GPS coordinates if you're interested.

There are other places closer to where the cruise ships will drop you that are similar but not quite as nice as Oia. I liked the walking path north of the town right there. My pictures are here: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123 (look for Santorini gallery).

As for the Istanbul airport, when we arrived early morning, we were dropped off by the cab driver at a door where you could see a big x-ray machine. As I think someone mentioned before, you have to put all of your bags through the x-ray machine before going to an airline counter to check in, so the cab driver told us it didn't really matter which airline we were flying. Once we did that, we found a monitor/board which gave more specific info on where we needed to go for our LH flight. Istanbul airport turned out to be not a bad experience, but of course this was at 5:50 in the morning....