Why is there both a Blue Iguana AND a Burrito Bar?

amyj23

Perhaps because hispanic population is the fastest growing consumer segment in the U.S. Also probably due to that being less expensive to offer than many other dining alternatives.

Did you read the rest of the thread? Only one of them serves burritos.

Did you read the rest of the thread? Only one of them serves burritos.

Oh, I must have missed that. I thought your quote said they both served burritos. The other serves NO hispanic food whatsoever? Either way, it's all good.

Edited by eponym

Ok, there is a burrito bar that is closed.

Except at breakfast when it serves eggs.

And there is a cantina that serves burritos, but no chips.

Why ask why?

Except that I really want to know the reasons because it sounds odd.

Does the cantina serve anything except burritos?

Do they make them or is it do it yourself?

Edited by mzloolue

I just got off the Glory last week.

There are 2 bars on the lido - the Red Frog and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. Neither serve food . (As opposed to the Red Frog Pub on the Magic that is large and has appetizers for sale)

The Blue Iguana Cantina is off to the front of the lido and does indeed have burritos. I ate there twice while I was on the ship. There are breakfast versions in the morning and lunch options in the afternoon. There is also a taco station there and a cart with extra toppings & salsas.

Along the side going back into the buffet is a station that is open for omelets in the morning, helping take some of the line away at the back.

Here are pictures from the Blue Iguana Burrito Bar. and then also one of the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar for those of you who are confused of the difference.

P6080077.jpg

P6080022.jpg

P6080023.jpg

Edited by CheckersMidwest

Ok, there is a burrito bar that is closed.

Except at breakfast when it serves eggs.

And there is a cantina that serves burritos, but no chips.

Why ask why?

Except that I really want to know the reasons because it sounds odd.

Does the cantina serve anything except burritos?

Do they make them or is it do it yourself?

I asked for the same reason that most other people ask questions on this forum. I was curious. Part of the excitement of getting ready for a cruise is asking questions about the ship's layout, activities, food, etc. I don't see what was wrong with asking why there were TWO burrito bars almost next to each other on the ship. And as is in my original question, I brought up the fact that there is a whole thread devoted to asking why the Cantina doesn't serve chips to eat the salsa. So my thoughts were, "according to the deck plans, there's a 'burrito bar' just a few steps away, and every Burrito Bar I've ever been to on a Carnival cruise serves tortilla chips..." You don't have to be a smarta-s. You can just move on to the next thread..... :rolleyes:

I just got off the Glory last week.

There are 2 bars on the lido - the Red Frog and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar. Neither serve food . (As opposed to the Red Frog Pub on the Magic that is large and has appetizers for sale)

The Blue Iguana Cantina is off to the front of the lido and does indeed have burritos. I ate there twice while I was on the ship. There are breakfast versions in the morning and lunch options in the afternoon. There is also a taco station there and a cart with extra toppings & salsas.

Along the side going back into the buffet is a station that is open for omelets in the morning, helping take some of the line away at the back.

Here are pictures from the Blue Iguana Burrito Bar. and then also one of the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar for those of you who are confused of the difference.

P6080077.jpg

P6080022.jpg

P6080023.jpg

Thank you, Checkers! Looks/sounds delicious!

The burrito bar was awful. Why would I want broccoli in my burrito? No flavor, no spice. Carnival had always done a bad bland job with Mexican food before Blue Iguana.

Lol!!!!! I don't remember the broccoli choice! I DO remember not being impressed with the old Burrito Bar either. So I'm looking forward to trying the Cantina.