Carry-on...What do you use??

mycomputer

I do all my cruises with a 21" Delsey bag that has my clothes in it. A small shoulder bag has my meds, travel docs, binoculars, camera.

Having free laundry as a platinum helps, but I'm a guy so I don't need as much to bring as a lady would. I'm even doing a 21 day B2B with just this small carry on.

It holds briefs, tee shirts, dockers, polo shirts, sometimes a dress shirt, bathing suits, water shoes, sox and hats.

We have a collapsable, rolling cooler that we use to put our cans of soda in. The kids usually have a "string" backpack bag each that has personal items and I have one of the big LLBean tote bags that is like a large canvas beach bag. That big bag usually has all my camera equipment, any medications that we may need and anything that is a MUST HAVE item prior to dinner the first night. We typically have had all of our luggage prior to dinner the first night....often earlier!

I carry on a backpack with swimsuit, laptop, camera, jewelry, and husband's swimsuit and the items I usually carry in a purse. Maybe next time I'll bring wine in an airport-style cardboard carrier. My husband carries a backpack with camera, lenses, another camera body, ipad, and more lens.

I always carry everything on, everything off... (Airline size carry on wheel bag and backpack)

We do the same. Makes life easy. We drop our bags in the cabin and then go to lunch or explore.

Hi,

Not sure I understand your question?

We have FTTF but we are low key folks and have always just carried on all of our luggage.

We each have a wheeled suitcase and in addition one of us has a backpack(usually me). We don't bring on water or soda but we do usually bring the one bottle of wine each. That's usually in the backpack.

Do you bring a corkscrew as well ???or will your room porter open your wine ???

Some thoughts...

• I used to prefer to be seated towards the front in economy.... I now choose the back. It appears those in the back load up the over head bins and create situations where the economy passengers in the front are forced to check their carry-on's
  • planes are getting ever thinner seats to increase the number of seat rows, but they don't increase the size of overhead bins
  • very few passengers every put things under their seats to maximize legroom
  • some airlines now have size cages just as you board the plane.... if it does not fit with the duty free.... your carry-on gets checked
  • I had another airline started to count personal items as carry-on and demand her carry-on be checked.... very frustrating experience.
  • I prefer hard sided carry-on. Once I confirm it fits the sizing cage, I can merrily load my stuff without worring about too much. Sometimes they will demand to weigh the carry on too. Laptop, camera and charging bricks quickly add up the weight.
  • get a luggage scale.... first overweight charge you get... it pays for itself. No more stress when packing if I have too much.

Edited by xlxo

We have FTTF but we will each be checking our large suitcases with all our clothes but for swimwear. We each carry on a Vera Bradley duffle bag with bathroom stuff, swimwear, jewelry, camera and electronics, medications and my fiancee carries her CPAP machine we each will also have a bottle of wine.

We once saw a woman come running to guest services and demand to be let off because they left all their luggage in the car. We were still docked but the ramps had been pulled. They first said if they let her off there is no way she would have time to return. When she said she would rather get off and not go at all without her luggage, they told her the doors were closed and couldn't be reopened. She just sat in the lobby and cried. We saw her and her family a few times during the cruise wearing all Carnival logo stuff.

OMG!! How does that even happen?? I can't believe they didn't bring ANYTHING.

imagined conversation:

man: phew, sure was glad to get onboard so fast.

wife: wait, why did you board with me, you were supposed to give them our luggage??

man: it is all-inclusive, they unlock the car and take our bags out and to the pier...then valet park the car and come back to give us our keys the last day...at least that is what the guy in the trenchcoat who was hanging around outside the terminal said after I handed him our keys

wife: NOOO!!

LOL

Still wondering about bringing a corkscrew

Do you bring a corkscrew or will your room porter open your wine ???

I looked around site for a couple of days, cant find an answer, we just recently started drinking wine, and may bring 2 bottles in September, or, do they consider it a weapon ?? I don't want bring something on they consider contraband ...

I actually went to my local wine store today to purchase a waiters corkscrew to use on my upcoming cruise. I had mistakenly left it on my precious cruise. It definitely comes in handy . Won't cruise without one .