Breeze to Splendor

july2012

Just got email that my Breeze June 2016 ship will change to Splendor.

I'm not sure what to do, we selected the Breeze due to the activities on board for our 4 teenagers who will be going. We also were excited about the itineraries.

But now we have a decision to make? Do we go with Splendor and the same itinerary or totally cancel our cruise and try to find something different? I wonder if the price will be less? We are offered $50 OBC each, but right now NOT happy about this change!

8 day southern Caribbean.

I compared the ships and the Splendor is NOT even close to the Breeze:(

Any advice?

We have the same issues!

Large group of family....chose the Breeze - September 2016 - for the ship as much as the 8 day itinerary (maybe even more). The Splendor is NOT an acceptable substitute - IMO - but I'm not sure what our group will decide. :o

I have a call in to our PVP to see what other options we have!

I agree. We had a July reservation canceled now too. We booked specifically for this ship and itinerary. Really disappointed. Not sure what we are going to do either.

Cancelled or moved to the Splendor???

My letter said they were moving my reservation to the Splendor - no choice given. I'd almost rather move our reservation to Galveston and stay with the Breeze....but I'm not sure how the rest of my family feels! :cool:

I am in the exact same situation. I am assuming we can choose another itinerary and ship entirely and switch over our deposit without the normal early saver penalty when this happens. Is that correct?

If this assumption is true, it doesn't look as if they have released the new Breeze itineraries yet so how long can we switch without the penalty?

Thanks so much!

Cancelled or moved to the Splendor???

My letter said they were moving my reservation to the Splendor - no choice given. I'd almost rather move our reservation to Galveston and stay with the Breeze....but I'm not sure how the rest of my family feels! :cool:

Sorry, changed. Just edited my post...

I was booked on a July 3, 2016 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Splendor Cruise out of Miami. I just received a letter saying it was canceled to accommodate new 6 to 8 Day itineraries!

YIKES...that stinks too!! :mad: I'm not sure which is worse...cancelled or moved to ship that you don't really want to sail! :rolleyes:

Did they offer you any options in its place??

Edited by happy cruzin

I am in the exact same situation. I am assuming we can choose another itinerary and ship entirely and switch over our deposit without the normal early saver penalty when this happens. Is that correct?

If this assumption is true, it doesn't look as if they have released the new Breeze itineraries yet so how long can we switch without the penalty?

Thanks so much!

Good questions.....and on the TOP of my list when my PVP calls!

I was also on the Breeze it states you have 10 days to cancel and they will adjust the price , along with 50 OBC each however I booked a certain room, and do not want to be assigned a room.

We did the same thing - we are in a corner aft and the rest of the family are in the extended afts. I will expect a similar set up - IF we stay with the Splendor!

Does anyone know if the Splendor is getting the 2.0 upgrades?

Doubtful...since even ships that were scheduled for "full" 2.0 upgrades have now only gotten "selected" upgrades. Miracle and Victory both come to mind!

We booked the Victory for last May - BECAUSE it was scheduled for the 2.0 upgrades in April. But when she came out of dry dock - she the Alchemy and Skybox bars added and some new carpet....but that's all they did! No Guys, Red Frog, Blue Iguana, etc or cabin upgrades. :mad:

YIKES...that stinks too!! :mad: I'm not sure which is worse...cancelled or moved to ship that you don't really want to sail! :rolleyes:

Did they offer you any options in its place??

Yes they did. Price protection, $50 onboard credit per person and up to $200 onboard credit for airline changes. All good in my world because I am still a year out.

So it appears not of the new itineraries for the Breeze out of Galveston have been posted. My May cruise was moved to the Splendor as well but I'd rather stay on the Breeze even if it leaves out of Galv. Anyone have an idea when they will post the updated itineraries?

Also I literally booked my cruise yesterday, first Carnival cruise too.... SMH.

Edited by Amos83

Did you say they offer a $200 airline credit? Was that if you have already booked airline? Was that per person?

With teenagers, it needs to be about the ship activities and the ports to visit. 3 teenage boys really looking forward to playing BBall on the ship. Splendor does not offer BBall.

Not sure where the Breeze which Ports wil visit from Texas.

I don't see the Dream as an option either for June 2016 from Florida port.

Need to get on phone with my carinval rep ASAP

We got the same email!! We also picked the Breeze for the activities for the teens and the Splendor is a much smaller ship and doesn't have half the things including Guys Burgers and The Red frog Pub! Don't know what we are going to do, except not go on the Splendor!

Just got email that my Breeze June 2016 ship will change to Splendor.

I'm not sure what to do, we selected the Breeze due to the activities on board for our 4 teenagers who will be going. We also were excited about the itineraries.

But now we have a decision to make? Do we go with Splendor and the same itinerary or totally cancel our cruise and try to find something different? I wonder if the price will be less? We are offered $50 OBC each, but right now NOT happy about this change!

8 day southern Caribbean.

I compared the ships and the Splendor is NOT even close to the Breeze:(

Any advice?

There is absolutely no comparison! Having been on the Breeze twice we knew how much we enjoyed this ship and all the new amenities... I did my OCD price check this morn and noticed the price was drastically reduced on Our Breeze cruise next April for our 20th Anniversary. .So I put in my early saver form...mean time check our email an see a message from Carnival, i'm thinking holy crap they are quick! Yeah no!! Basically the letter as you have gotten about the ship change, and how they will try to accomidate and blah blah blah..I know it happens no complaining but seriously the ships aren't even close ..and I just checked our price is still the same..So no clue what we're going to do.. .I know I heard there is more announcements coming out today from Carnival..we shall see

But nope not happy at all...

Edited by jolyroger

SO does any know which ports the Breeze visits from Texas? Will there be an 8 day cruise from there with the same dates I had booked from Miami?

Breeze is not an option on carnival.com now to even see for June 2016 sail dates. Will the carnival reps know this information already?

Why dont they give the option to cruise on the same ship with new ports AND or different ship with same ports? Instead they just move bookings to new ship with same ports.

Do you think we will have the option to stay on the Breeze with same dates, just leaving from Texas with new ports to visit?

SO does any know which ports the Breeze visits from Texas? Will there be an 8 day cruise from there with the same dates I had booked from Miami?

Breeze is not an option on carnival.com now to even see for June 2016 sail dates. Will the carnival reps know this information already?

Why dont they give the option to cruise on the same ship with new ports AND or different ship with same ports? Instead they just move bookings to new ship with same ports.

Do you think we will have the option to stay on the Breeze with same dates, just leaving from Texas with new ports to visit?

I just got off the phone with my PVP... she said the new itineraries for the Breeze should be posted within the next couple of days. She didn't have access to them so she couldn't give me any clues to what they would look like.

The carnival rep I spoke with said the price for the Breeze would be the same for the Splendor. I'm not interested in paying the same price for a ship with less?

Rep told me the Magic will be leaving from Orlando next summer, but dates and ports would not be out until later this week.

We are very interested in the ship since we will have 4 teenagers and maybe adding more.

Anyone on Valor for next summer who have now been switched to Magic?