Hyatt Pier 66 Shuttle/ Transportation from FLL

LuvWilliam

Hi!

I just called Hyatt Pier 66 where we are booked for a pre-cruise night... We are a group of 6 adults and a toddler. I could have sworn there was a airport and cruise shuttle. The representative said they have neither. So my question is... How do I get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port with my 3 year old? Do Florida taxis require booster seats? I know buses don't require them. We really don't want to go thru the hassle of renting a car since we are only going to be in FL for 18 hours prior to the cruise!

We have always grabbed a van taxi at the airport and no one asked about booster or car seats. Some of them carry one in any event. The hotel can certainly call you a taxi to get to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi!

I just called Hyatt Pier 66 where we are booked for a pre-cruise night... We are a group of 6 adults and a toddler. I could have sworn there was a airport and cruise shuttle. The representative said they have neither. So my question is... How do I get from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port with my 3 year old? Do Florida taxis require booster seats? I know buses don't require them. We really don't want to go thru the hassle of renting a car since we are only going to be in FL for 18 hours prior to the cruise!

This question comes up periodically. Florida statute is:

(This is from the Florida Highway Patrol website)

(6) The child restraint requirements imposed by this section do not apply to a chauffeur-driven taxi, limousine, sedan, van, bus, motor coach, or other passenger vehicle if the operator and the motor vehicle are hired and used for the transportation of persons for compensation.
It is the obligation and responsibility of the parent, guardian, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare as defined in s.
to comply with the requirements of this section

I interpret the first sentence as letting the hired drivers off the hook but the second sentence does not absolve the parent/guardian; they would be liable. The intro to that section reads:

(1)(a) Every operator of a motor vehicle as defined in this section, while transporting a child in a motor vehicle operated on the roadways, streets, or highways of this state, shall, if the child is 5 years of age or younger, provide for protection of the child by properly using a crash-tested, federally approved child restraint device.

On another thread about this (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2212793&highlight=car+seats) one poster said she couldn't get a taxi or a shuttle to take them from the airport because they didn't have a car seat (post #26):

Again, if you are arriving at a Florida airport with an infant or toddler, and hope to take a taxi or shuttle, I suggest that you make a copy of the Florida Highway Patrol website's quote on the "exemption to the car seat requirement. When we arrived at FLL and tried to take a taxi, and then later, an airport shuttle to the pier, we were refused service by both because we had our 4 year old granddaughter with us, and no car seat!