25 March 2017 - Repositioning Dubai to Genoa

AVACTION

MSC Fantasia.

Found this cruise WAY ahead of time and have booked. Who got the 'Royal Suites' in Yacht Club? Even this far out (nearly two years!!) both were sold out. Very disappointed, suppose they reserve them for 'Black Members' or VIPs.

I have started a thread in the Roll Call but it is the first time we have EVER booked a holiday this far in advance, normally we book a few months ahead but this time the price was too good to ignore.

MSC Fantasia.

Found this cruise WAY ahead of time and have booked. Who got the 'Royal Suites' in Yacht Club? Even this far out (nearly two years!!) both were sold out. Very disappointed, suppose they reserve them for 'Black Members' or VIPs.

I have started a thread in the Roll Call but it is the first time we have EVER booked a holiday this far in advance, normally we book a few months ahead but this time the price was too good to ignore.

Now that is a route that has always appealed and I have not yet done. Must have a look around to see what prices they're quoting in the UK (if indeed they are yet). I'm on holiday in Crete just now, so can't check until I get back. The route must be getting more and more popular as they started just using the Lirica a few years ago and lately they have been using Musica class ships, so stepping up to Fantasia must mean more passengers interested in Dubai sailings in the winter.

Thanks Bea.

I can't request 2016 leave until October and a year later for 2017, so I'll just need to be patient and not get too far ahead of myself!

One year at a time, eh, Mairi LOL ;)

I've been reading a lot on the Celebrity boards lately as I'm giving them a try next January. It's incredible how much the Americans like to book in advance! I suppose if you want a particular cabin you have to but MSC doesn't open their itineraries to all markets the way X does, which can be frustrating.

MSC open up itineraries to different markets at different times. I'm booked on Divina repo in October thru' a TA - it's not even on the lreland website. YC is NEVER available for repos to us here, either. While I'm as happy in an aft balcony cabin with a drinks package as I spend my evenings in the bars & lounges anyway, it still irks that MSC limits my choices.

The repos for Sinfonia to Durban aren't available on the Ireland website, either, for this year, never mind next year - 2016 is on my radar now that it's doing Mauritius and Seychelles. I access the UK site a lot as it has a lot more of the itineraries available so I can at least check out what ship is going where, when and for how long! I never think to check out the brochures even though Pete often mentions it on here. I'm more inclined to check out the price drops :rolleyes:

Hope you're having a wonderful time in Crete, bytheway, and, at least you have an upcoming cruise to look forward to, so Happy Days, as my dad says :cool: