Taxi cost from Port Everglades to FLL

Peemagg

Hi

We are thinking of using a taxi to get from the port to Fll, but are wondering what we should expect as far as cost?

There will be 2 of us with probably 3 bags and one rigid manual wheelchair if any of this makes a difference.

Hi

We are thinking of using a taxi to get from the port to Fll, but are wondering what we should expect as far as cost? There will be 2 of us with probably 3 bags and one rigid manual wheelchair if any of this makes a difference.

If by "rigid manual wheelchair" you mean that it doesn't fold, you will need a "wheelchair taxi". These cabs open in the back, a ramp comes out, and the wheelchair goes in on the ramp. Your cabbie should be able to get your bags in around the chair, and the two of you can sit in the seat behind the driver. When we sailed on the Oasis last February, my son-in-law was in his power wheelchair, but we also had a Hoyer lift, so we had to take two wheelchair cabs. The driver with the lift claimed that he couldn't get all of our baggage in around it, but the porter who had helped us loaded it in. The cab with my DSIL & DD left first, but my DGS & I arrived at FLL at least 10 minutes before them. I was furious that their cabbie had "taken them for a ride". Their fare was a bit over $20, and DD didn't give him a tip. Our fare was less than $20. Note that you can pay cab fares with a credit card, but the driver will probably discourage it (they sometimes even say the machine is broken). Also, using a card adds $3 to the bill. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help!

My chair is one that does not fold, but I can take the back wheels off and place it in the back seat of most cars. That is how we transport it at home in our Ford Fusion.

I didn't think to mention it, but the wheelchair taxis cost the same as regular taxis. Might make your life easier if you don't have to remove the wheels on the way to the airport. You can ask a porter to call a w/c taxi for you - or the taxi master who stands across the street from the terminal.