Dress Code for Manfredi's

redwoods

You dress better for any restaurant other than the buffet. We saw people dressed in shorts or jeans and felt it was an insult to us.

Wives made several husbands change.

It is a class restaurant, not a pizza joint.

I wore slacks and a dressy top, and flats for shoes. DH wore kackis, either tan or navy blue and a collared woven shirt (not a Polo shirt).

Although there were some in jeans and shorts and t-shirts, most were a tad bit more dressy. The ultra casual crowd were definitely in the minority.

Some were more dressed up than us. Some men wore sports coats and some women wore cocktail dresses.

So I'd stay away from jeans and shorts. But nice casual is OK as well as dressy. Manfredi's is the place where most people get dressed up.

It is good to hear that the wives are trying to maintain some dress standards in the main restaurants but it would be good if Viking improved the dress code as published in the FAQ's on the website and then made some attempt at enforcing it. It currently suggests that day wear (including shorts) is acceptable in the main Restaurant.

I am so looking forward to being aboard later this year in September and I so hope we do not have to share a dinner table with somebody wearing shorts and a t-shirt I have no big issue with denim jeans as long as they are smart and paired with a nice shirt (even better with a jacket) but maybe I am just an old fashioned (but still a relatively young) Brit!

If my husband can change from his jeans to khakis to go to dinner on a cruise ship at night, anyone can. It only takes a minute. If people don't want to do that, especially for Manfredi's and Chef's Table, I'm hoping they will eat in the World Cafe or order room service.

Richard Branson is getting into the cruising business and says he wants a casual atmosphere. Those who don't want to change out of shorts and jeans might want to wait until Virgin Cruises comes into fruition (2020 I think) and give that cruise line a try!

Roothy While i do agree...and my hubby always takes Brooks Bros shirts and a jacket..I. and many others have more of a problem with women who pour bottles of perfume on themselves each evening. Just want to make the point that many passengers are allergic to perfume and if push came to shove we would prefer jeans over perfume.

Roothy While i do agree...and my hubby always takes Brooks Bros shirts and a jacket..I. and many others have more of a problem with women who pour bottles of perfume on themselves each evening. Just want to make the point that many passengers are allergic to perfume and if push came to shove we would prefer jeans over perfume.

Oh, I hate all that perfume, too!