Celebrity Summit - 06/06/2015

cusack75

1st time posted here and new the forum

we are leaving soon for our cruise and wanted ask if any body had any tips on things an 11 year can do on the summit.

Upon boarding there will be a desk for the Childrens programs and usually first day they hold a meeting to meet the staff and other kids. Make sure you attend that meeting as it will give you a good idea for what will go on during the cruise. An 11 year old is the perfect age for the fun factory. Its been awhile since my kids were in the programs but they used to issue a daily for the kids, hopefully someone will confirm they still do this. They will have plenty for the kids to do, you will be pleasantly surprised. Also, at the meeting and the muster drill they will explain what the staff does in the unlikely event of an emergency.

Also, one thing my kids loved was the Slumber party. They usually hold this from late evening until early morning. Kids get to stay up with other kids while Mom and Dad can spend some time by themselves. Usually, the younger ones watch a movie and fall asleep. There is a small extra fee for this service.

I came back from Summit two weeks ago, welcome to Cruise Critic and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by dkjretired

My daughter was 11 last summer on the Summit. She is not a fan of the Fun Factory, but was very much into their scavenger hunts. She got a schedule the first day and then would go just to participate in the hunt.

As a family, we participated in the scavenger hunts hosted by the activities staff.

One evening, there was an outdoor movie.

The final sea day, there were some Fun Factory family events, a talent show, maybe bingo.

There was a flash mob with a few practices some afternoons.

She enjoyed watching the piano player perform in Cafe Al Bacio some afternoons and Cellar Masters in the evenings.

We went to a few of the evening shows.

Here's a link to our photo album: Bermuda 2014

Well, assuming that your count-down clock date is more correct than the date in your post title ;) -- I've included a link to your (7-5-15) Summit roll-call. That's where you can meet the folks you'll actually be sailing with. This time of year, you may very well find folks with kids in a similar age range. Good luck, and have a great cruise on the beautiful Summit! :cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2115974&page=12

Thank you all for the great feedback. very very helpful :).

an yes wwcruisers, thank you for pointing that out :D We are leaving the 7/5/2015 and we can't wait . I will also be checking out the roll call and see what that has offer us.

Thanks again every body

Edited by dcusack

Thank you all for the great feedback. very very helpful :).

an yes wwcruisers, thank you for pointing that out :D We are leaving the 7/5/2015 and we can't wait . I will also be checking out the roll call and see what that has offer us.

Thanks again every body

Have a great cruise and the Fun Factory will be superb!