Rock climbing on Harmony of the seas

We have a cruise with Harmony coming up next December. I understand that the rock climbing wall on Harmony is the same as Allure and Oasis. My daughter has her own rock climbing wall gear and is wondering if she could bring her own as it is more comfortable for her. She also wants to know what the hardest rating for the walls are?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Moon Orchid

My son is a rock climber too. Just went on Oasis. He's only 10 and found every route to be very easy. I'll ask him what he thought the ratings were. It was my understanding they only want you to use their equipment (shoes and harnesses, etc.)

My son is a rock climber too. Just went on Oasis. He's only 10 and found every route to be very easy. I'll ask him what he thought the ratings were. It was my understanding they only want you to use their equipment (shoes and harnesses, etc.)

Thanks !

While on the Liberty a few weeks ago they had trouble finding a harness that would fit me (we'll just say I'm big-boned... :D). I asked if I could bring my own harness on future cruises, and was told no. He said I could probably get away with using my own shoes, as long as they were climbing shoes, but I had to use their harness.

On the Allure the walls were really as challenging as you made them. There are plenty of grips, but they had some routes (i.e. only using certain colors) that we more challenging. As an intermediate climber myself, I could make it up every wall if I used all grips, but there were definitely routes that were well beyond my abilities.

While on the Liberty a few weeks ago they had trouble finding a harness that would fit me (we'll just say I'm big-boned... :D). I asked if I could bring my own harness on future cruises, and was told no. He said I could probably get away with using my own shoes, as long as they were climbing shoes, but I had to use their harness.

On the Allure the walls were really as challenging as you made them. There are plenty of grips, but they had some routes (i.e. only using certain colors) that we more challenging. As an intermediate climber myself, I could make it up every wall if I used all grips, but there were definitely routes that were well beyond my abilities.

Thanks for the great information :)