cabin assignments

vmcpa

We got our assignments yesterday for Dec 5 sailing of the Infinity. We are a group of 6 (3 cabins) and asked to be together when we all booked together. But that did not happen. When I called our cruise professional who booked the trips, he said that he could not put us together. Is there something that I can do, or just have to settle for this.

We got our assignments yesterday for Dec 5 sailing of the Infinity. We are a group of 6 (3 cabins) and asked to be together when we all booked together. But that did not happen. When I called our cruise professional who booked the trips, he said that he could not put us together. Is there something that I can do, or just have to settle for this.

When you say "assignments", I assume you booked guarantee cabins? If so, it is nearly impossible to have them be all together.

You may have a chance at asking again right after final payment. Some who have booked a cabin will no doubt cancel, and there may be something that can be done at that time. No guarantee, but never hurts to ask again.

It would really be helpful if you told us which category you booked, and specifically whether or not you booked a guarantee category.

Currently 3 cabins together are still showing as available for your cruise in several inside, outside and balcony categories.

(But not in suites or aqua class.)

So if you really want any of the 3 cabins together that are still available, you can pick whichever you want as long as you are willing to pay the price for them.

Your "cruise professional" apparently was not totally truthful with you in stating that he could not put you together,

if he omitted to tell you that he can put you together if you are willing to pay the going price.

A reputable "cruise professional" would have fully disclosed all the categories in which there are still 3 cabins together available, and then left the decision up to you.

It is a tradeoff that depends on what is more important to you.

You can pay more and choose the exact cabins you want (from those that are available), or you can save money by booking a guarantee category and accepting whatever they give you.

If it is any consolation to you, the Infinity is not that large a ship and I don't see where there would be any real advantage to having the 3 cabins together (unless you are traveling with a small child or someone with a disability who requires your assistance).

If you booked guarantee cabins, then the odds of being initially near each other when assigned is slim. You might try calling whomever you booked the cruise through and see if it is possible to change cabins within whatever category you were assigned. For example, if you were ultimately assigned a Cat 6 oceanview, maybe they can move you to a different Cat 6 cabin that is closer to another on of your traveling companions. Of course, there is also the option, as suggested, to pay more and get 3 cabins next to each other.

I will say that if being next to or near each other was that important, then you should not have booked guarantees. However, I place the blame on your travel professional as they should have asked more questions and done a better job at determining what was most important to you. Please know I don't mean to imply you did anything wrong. Please let us know how this turns out.

Edited by Soccer Mom 96