Very unhappy with Royal Caribbean

Hi all

Just want to say a big thankyou to everyone for all your feedback (especially critterchick and tagsalong for the email) - my email was passed on to a very nice lady (Brittany from executive guest relations) who telephoned this evening and has agreed to honour our initial price. It was definitely a mistake by the onboard team but we are now all sorted and can look forward to pre-cruise planning again.

Thanks again for everyones suggestions.

Dean

Glad it worked out for you

Hi all

Just want to say a big thankyou to everyone for all your feedback (especially critterchick and tagsalong for the email) - my email was passed on to a very nice lady (Brittany from executive guest relations) who telephoned this evening and has agreed to honour our initial price. It was definitely a mistake by the onboard team but we are now all sorted and can look forward to pre-cruise planning again.

Thanks again for everyones suggestions.

Dean

Have a wonderful cruise! So happy it all worked out!

We have just started to get that 'excited' feeling... dining is open, trips are booked - getting into cruise mode...

Enter Royal Caribbean!

Just had a 'revised' invoice - we booked this trip on-board 13 months ago and there was an offer for OBC and free drinks package - sounds too good to be true - thats because it is!

We were Diamond when we booked and were told that as we would be Diamond Plus when we take this trip we would be entitled to an improved discount if we told RC before the sail date - WRONG - they won't honour this.

When we booked we requested late dining (as is in our cruise preferences) - RC put us on MTD - we requested it changed (13 months ago) - they have now informed us we will have to go on a waiting list!

Finally we have now been told that by 'taking advantage of the offer' we forfeit our loyalty discount! Are they taking the p**s?

We have waited for this cruise as our first cruise as D+ for ages and were so excited - RC seem hell bent on annoying loyal customers in favour of attracting new customers - surely they should look after us?

Our original invoice states our discount - signed 13 months ago!

RC offers state that offers are not combinable BUT we have signed an agreement showing our discount and showing the offer. I own my own business - if I suddenly sent people 'revised' invoices upping the price I would go out of business!

Basically by being in the loyalty scheme and booking on-board we are now being penalised over £300 - ridiculous - I could have gone on Vision cruises and booked this and got a cheaper price and the same offer!

We have stuck up for and stuck with Royal and I do honestly think the standards are dropping, Dynamic Dining (on quantum) was a farce, all inclusive drinks are turning RC into glorified booze cruises and they expect us to pay more for it!

We have two more cruises booked with RC and due to this latest mess this WILL be our last - we will be cancelling the other two - I do not wish to give my custom to deceitful, money pinchers. So we will have a fantastic time on Oasis as it will be our last time cruising with a company with such appaling standards and customer service.

Rant over!

I would move on to how dare they.I mean for crying out loud not wanting to give you everything for free and wanting customers who will be spending more money shocking:eek: It amazes me how people get an attitude about being some special class on the ship then expect to have everything thrown at them for free.If you eat at the same restuarnt everyday do you expect free meals? If you buy your gas at the same station all the time do you get free gas.I don't understand this sence of entitement people have with this bussiness:confused:

Hi dhill

If you had read the whole thread you would see my problem was a matter of principle not money. If you purchased something for an agreed price and then on delivery the price had gone up would you be happy? I think not.

Due to the loyalty scheme (probably the best around) it makes sense to book a larger cabin and take advantage of the loyalty discount - please don't suggest it is about class and we certainly do not feel we are entitled to anything for free. We work hard to fund our cruises and i find your throwaway comments crass and rather unfounded. Please get your facts right before judging people.