Switching people to different cabins- new seapass?

We are a group of 11 sailing this Saturday... Long story short, we have three different couples and our kids, but the way the reservation had to be made, we have two couples split apart in separate cabins with associated kids. Obviously, we want the couples to be together, and then the kids ( kids range from 14-23) will be split between 2 cabins. Just how easy is it to have the people that need to switch rooms be able to do so, and also receive a new seapass card to their new cabin. I know we could simply receive our original reservation cabin assignment sea passes, and then just get an additional cabin card to open the moved to cabin, but it would be better I think to have the same cabin/seapass card...

I am sure this has to occur often, as many need to rearrange once on board, but will guest services be accommodating to do so much 'switching'....it works out that 5 of the 11 will be moving cabins from original assignment.

Whew- anyone had experience with this?

David:D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

You may not be able to get your SeaPass cards coded to open different staterooms, but Guest Services will issue extra keys to the staterooms you would like to be in.

I always take some kind of key ring/clip or lanyard with a clip and get sea pass and extra key punched at guest services to keep the sea pass and extra key together. The downside is that you have to go into kid's cabin to check on sea pass account for the extra key person. The good thing, you don't have to go to the kid's cabin to monitor their sea pass account expenditures. :rolleyes:

I booked two balcony cabins with the other half in the second cabin when the kids were traveling with us. Once on board we just got duplicate keys and moved around where it suited us. All the charges went through as originally set up on the credit cards. It just meant that someone had to carry two cards... one for charging against the on board account and one to get into the cabin.

There are a few ways to handle this. So, you'll have to do what fits your situation and preference best.

We did this "Cabin Switcharoo" last year. Two husbands were booked in one cabin and two wives were booked in another cabin. Once we got on board, Husband A and Wife B went to the main desk and asked for an additional SeaPass Card. Once they walked away from the desk, they exchanged keys, putting the couples together in each stateroom. The second Sea Pass card said something like "KEY ONLY", so it couldn't be used to get off/on the ship or make onboard charges. Yes, they had to carry an extra card, but it seemed to be the least complicated and no-explanation-needed way to do it.

This seems to vary ship by ship and probably sailing by sailing. Sometimes when we have gone to GS, they have issued new seapass cards to all those that were swapping, and others they would only issue extra keys :confused:

There are a few ways to handle this. So, you'll have to do what fits your situation and preference best.

We did this "Cabin Switcharoo" last year. Two husbands were booked in one cabin and two wives were booked in another cabin. Once we got on board, Husband A and Wife B went to the main desk and asked for an additional SeaPass Card. Once they walked away from the desk, they exchanged keys, putting the couples together in each stateroom. The second Sea Pass card said something like "KEY ONLY", so it couldn't be used to get off/on the ship or make onboard charges. Yes, they had to carry an extra card, but it seemed to be the least complicated and no-explanation-needed way to do it.

Sounds like a key party. Should fit in well with 70's night. ;)

Thanks everyone...looks like the most likely scenario is two keys for the people switching cabins...ugh...not as efficient as I would have liked, since I am one of the cabin switchers..:rolleyes:

David:D