Feedeback from clearing through AMS?

pzbz

What have been your expierences clearing through the new central security system at Schiphol? How long did it take you to get to your gate from the time you checked in? The new system started at the beginning of June.

Thanks!

Used Departure Hall 2 yesterday evening. The security line was not very long but it moved very slowly. The line divided into 2 separate lines and one line had 3 security channels open while the other line had only one security channel. There were 2 dedicated channels for business class passengers.

It was so slow moving that I asked for the duty manager. I was told that the duty manager was 'off duty' :eek:.

I boarded at a D gate near the end of the pier, so in total from check in (self-service) to arriving at the gate took about 50 minutes.

Two things to note:

1. after check in it is necessary to go up one floor to the security area and then come down one floor again when airside. There are elevators at both sides.

2. Schiphol is currently undergoing a major re-work and some of the signage is not correct.

Used Departure Hall 2 yesterday evening. The security line was not very long but it moved very slowly. The line divided into 2 separate lines and one line had 3 security channels open while the other line had only one security channel. There were 2 dedicated channels for business class passengers.

It was so slow moving that I asked for the duty manager. I was told that the duty manager was 'off duty' :eek:.

I boarded at a D gate near the end of the pier, so in total from check in (self-service) to arriving at the gate took about 50 minutes.

Two things to note:

1. after check in it is necessary to go up one floor to the security area and then come down one floor again when airside. There are elevators at both sides.

2. Schiphol is currently undergoing a major re-work and some of the signage is not correct.

Thank you for this info!! It helps to plan!!!

Penny:)

We went through Schipol this-evening (terminal 3)

No line whatsoever :)

But you'd be foolish to think that'll happen to you, I think we were just lucky with the timing. ;)

Yes, the system is slower per person - instead of walking thro a scanner, you stand inside one, arms raised, for 3 seconds. Then, at the time we were there, everyone was given a pat-down instead of just those who "fail" a scanner.

No worries for us but those few seconds multiplied by a lot of people add up - hopefully the number of lines is increased when needed to allow for the extra time.

JB :)