Just booked Triumph 8/6 and have questions!

I've been searching, but still have questions:

1--It's been a while since we cruised. Is FTTF worth it in Galveston? We live 2.5 hours from Galveston and typically like to be early so we can eat lunch on the ship, enjoy a beverage, and explore a little. But, I was not sure of how quickly the lines tend to move at embarkation/debarkation at that port. I seem to remember a LOT of sitting around for debarkation on other cruises.

2--I booked yesterday by calling Carnival and they chose a room for us (Interior--Cat 4B). Got a rate of $519. But, I am seeing prices at $489 online. Why would I get a higher rate? And, if it drops lower, will they honor it?

3--We've done Fury Catamarans 3 times in Cozumel and Nachi Cocum once. Loved them both, but still trying to decide on shore excursion. We aren't bringing our children, so we'd prefer something relaxing and quieter ie few kids. ;)

4--Brining wine or champagne on for embarkation--$15 corking fee is only if you bring your bottle to the dining room and they cork it for you, right? Can you bring your own corkscrew and cork in your room?

5--Karaoke on board?

We have sailed on the Triumph twice. The first with FTTF and the second without it both on the Progresso/Cozumel cruise. I wouldn't pay for FTTF again on that cruise. Our boarding time really only differed by about 15 minutes and we only go to Guest Services once or twice so it wasn't a biggie to wait in line. We just would watch the lines for them to go down and hop in then. Since there aren't any tender ports you just walk off the ship at your leisure other than that cattle call right at the beginning when they first open the doors.

I, also, loved the Triumph - have booked another sailing on it with 10 friends and family. We got FTTF for one cabin so we can drop all our carry-ons. I got it for the cabin with 5, including my daughter, her husband and three kids. I know the embark is very quick if you arrive early. Yes, you can bring your own corkscrew and pour yourself a glass of wine to carry with you to the MDR or anywhere else - no corkage fee. There was scheduled Karaoke several times during the day. Can't help you with shore excursions, we usually just shop and get a massage on the beach, this time we are all swimming with the dophins.

I've been searching, but still have questions:

1--It's been a while since we cruised. Is FTTF worth it in Galveston? We live 2.5 hours from Galveston and typically like to be early so we can eat lunch on the ship, enjoy a beverage, and explore a little. But, I was not sure of how quickly the lines tend to move at embarkation/debarkation at that port. I seem to remember a LOT of sitting around for debarkation on other cruises.

2--I booked yesterday by calling Carnival and they chose a room for us (Interior--Cat 4B). Got a rate of $519. But, I am seeing prices at $489 online. Why would I get a higher rate? And, if it drops lower, will they honor it?

3--We've done Fury Catamarans 3 times in Cozumel and Nachi Cocum once. Loved them both, but still trying to decide on shore excursion. We aren't bringing our children, so we'd prefer something relaxing and quieter ie few kids. ;)

4--Brining wine or champagne on for embarkation--$15 corking fee is only if you bring your bottle to the dining room and they cork it for you, right? Can you bring your own corkscrew and cork in your room?

5--Karaoke on board?

If you are not platinum and FTTF is available then get it.

Call them; give them a chance to explain

We've been to Nachi twice this year alone. It keeps getting better. We walked down to Mr. Sanchos last month and it looked like summer camp.

Bring your own corkscrew. We've taken our bottle to a bar and had them open it too. Ask any bartender for a wine glass, take your full glass to dinner.

Yes. Some is recorded music and some you sing with the band. Both range from hilarious to awful.

Edited by BallFour4

Paradise Beach is a decent option for a relaxing time although it won't be adults only. You just catch a cab which is $15 each way. You pay $15 for a wrist band to use the water toys but it's not required if you just want to chill on the beach. They expect you to eat and drink. They have a pool and the beach with plenty of chairs. The fresh water pool is a nice break from the salt water pools on the ship. I like all the trees for shade because I burn easily. You can para sail from there also.

Well being a die hard UT fan, I'm not sure if I should answer your questions.... LOL!!! Just kidding!

Definitely get the FTTF. Dropping your bags off in your room and getting off the boat early is worth the price of admission alone (in my opinion). All the extras are bonus!!

Been on the Triumph many times... you'll enjoy it.

Can't comment on the excursions... been to so many it's hard to choose what I enjoyed more!

Wine - bring your own corkscrew and your porter can give you glasses use. Drink it in the room and there's no charge.

Have fun and goo Longhorns!!!:D