Pre Booking Excursions

Patsy Flower

Hello,

I would like to pre book some excursions using OBC.

However, when I try to book excursions I don't seem to be able to use my OBC and instead I am asked for payment with my credit card.

Is it possible to use the OBC for pre booked excursions through the cruise personaliser or do I need to call Princess.

One of the excursions may sell out if I wait until we board.

Thanks for any help or advice.

You can pre-book excursions and not pay for them until on the ship. Just do not follow a path that asks for payment.

So just reserve what you want. The charges will be placed in your onboard account and any OBC will be used to offset the cost.

I do not know if it is different in the UK, but on the USA web site when you book an excursion in the Personalizer it just asks which persons in the cabin you are booking the excursion for. It does not ask for payment details.

You cannot use OBC to pay for an excursion in advance of the cruise.

If the web site does not allow you to book without paying, give Princess a call and ask them to reserve the excursion (without advance payment) for you.

What ship are you sailing on and what excursion are you trying to pre-book? It's never been Princess policy to require pre-payment for an excursion so what you describe is very unusual. I've never heard of this on Princess. Other lines, yes, but not Princess so this would be a first.

Edited by Pam in CA

Thank you.

I have tried to pre book something and the text says "items not added to booking until paid". My OBC balance remains the same with no deduction??

Are you on Princess or P&O? This perhaps might be the problem.

Hi

Just add your chosen excursions to your personaliser. When it asks for payment, then you can just exit the booking. It will then add the excursions to your onboard account and you can then use your OBC.

I checked this with Princess Southampton yesterday who advised that prepayment is just an option for people that like to get the trips paid for in advance.

:D

Pre-booked excursions do not have to be paid in advance. Our experience is that it is billed at the end of the cruise onboard ship. This way, you can cancel or change until the closing date/time for your excursion.

Steve