Evacuation Question (someone going with the injured person)

Hello

I am having a hard time confirming if a policy would cover the expenses for someone to travel with an injured person if they have to be evacuated to a hospital or back to the US.

We are taking our 2 daughters which are 17 and 19. When they were younger I didn't worry because I knew a parent would be allowed to accompany them if they were injured and had to be evacuated or transported to a hospital. Now that they are older how would that work? Would the insurance plan pay for the transportation of either me or hubby to stay with our child? what language should I be looking for to see how the policy would respond in this situation?

thanks in advance!

Thank you for the advice.

I haven't purchased the policy yet. I have compared a few to find the policies that fit what I am most concerned with, but this seems to be the one question I have left that I have not been able to determine how the policy responds. Problem is I don't have time during the day to call and sit on hold and wait for an answer and sit through a rep trying to sell me what they want.

Wish I could just find the answer to this last question a little easier and was hoping someone on CC would know the answer.

I work in Property and Casualty insurance so I know the devil can be in the details of the policy...

Oh well guess I will keep trying to figure it out through the quotes - maybe I can find a sample policy of one somewhere.

I haven't purchased the policy yet. I have compared a few to find the policies that fit what I am most concerned with, but this seems to be the one question I have left that I have not been able to determine how the policy responds. Problem is I don't have time during the day to call and sit on hold and wait for an answer and sit through a rep trying to sell me what they want.

Wish I could just find the answer to this last question a little easier and was hoping someone on CC would know the answer.

I work in Property and Casualty insurance so I know the devil can be in the details of the policy...

Oh well guess I will keep trying to figure it out through the quotes - maybe I can find a sample policy of one somewhere.

You have the time to plow through 20 pages of policy legalese but you can't find the time to just call them.

Call them!!!

DON

We use tripinsurancestore to purchase our travel insurance. They are very helpful and knowledgable and will help you get the coverage you need for your specific situations. You can check their website and/or call when convenient for you. They also have a live chat.

You must read the fine print of the policy. But keep in mind that the overwhelming "evacuations" from ships are simply those who must get off at the next port and go to a hospital. In these cases an ambulance meets the ship and it is often possible for a family member to accompany the sick or injured person. A helicopter rescue from a ship is quite rare and in many cases it would not be possible to anyone to accompany the ill or injured. We witnessed one of these helicopter evacuations on the Oosterdam (last year) and the very sick passenger had to be lifted off the deck in a hoist rescue. Only the sick person and the para-medic (who was dropped on the ship) were able to leave the ship at that time. The family were reunited the following day when our ship docked in San Diego.

Hank