Stupid question, sangria

HazelSmrf

Ok I know we're allowed to bring wine on board, so I was thinking maybe I'd make up a pitcher of Sangria to drink on our balcony. This requires some lemons, limes, and different fruit depending on the recipe. I'm guessing they won't allow you to board with fresh produce due to disease etc? Is there any place on the ship where I'd be able to get lemons and limes?

Also, does anyone have a good sangria recipe to share? I've looked online and it seems there are tons of different variations. I'm willing to try anything out but a cup of sugar seems a tad excessive to me for one pitcher, so if anyone has any good ones to share please do :)

If there aren't any whole lemons/limes out on the Lido, just ask somebody "behind the counter". They'll be more than happy to get you what you need from the pantry. Since they already cut them in wedges for tea/fish and such, it'll be no problem.

Ok I know we're allowed to bring wine on board, so I was thinking maybe I'd make up a pitcher of Sangria to drink on our balcony. This requires some lemons, limes, and different fruit depending on the recipe. I'm guessing they won't allow you to board with fresh produce due to disease etc? Is there any place on the ship where I'd be able to get lemons and limes?

Also, does anyone have a good sangria recipe to share? I've looked online and it seems there are tons of different variations. I'm willing to try anything out but a cup of sugar seems a tad excessive to me for one pitcher, so if anyone has any good ones to share please do :)

I LOVE Olive Garden's sangria and made it for a party......

Ingredients:

1.5 Liters Soleo Red Table Wine

10 oz Grenadine

16 oz cranberry juice cocktail

12 oz sweet vermouth

10 oz sugar water (5 oz sugar diluted)

Strawberries

oranges

crushed ice

Preparation:

This makes a gallon. Mix all ingredients except for ice. Pour sangria in glass and then add ice. Make sure there is fruit in every glass.

It is not quite the same as the home made stuff but I always take a bottle or a box of Sangria with me. Never had any problem getting as much fruit as I needed. I like to add just a little sprite to a glass to give it a little fizz. It is a very refreshing drink to carry around during the day. Cindy

Archived