Does Freedom have the new menus?

golfntob

We were on Freedom in May and yes they have American Table and we were not impressed,

plus the service was terrible and the food more cold than warm when it was finally delivered

to the table. We were not the only people with the same complaint, but we did talk to one

couple who liked the menu.

It will also be implemented on Magic in August and Triumph, according to our Maitre'd on

Triumph this past week, as he is going to Magic to do this. It is a very different concept and

they have had some problems getting it to work right.

We just got off the ship and yes they have the new American Table menu. Maybe they've had a few months to get thing ironed out but we enjoyed our meals and thought there was a nice variety!

That's wonderful! I'm glad you had a great time and thank you for letting us know.

• 1 month later...

We have done 5 with the old menu, 3 with the new menu's, and 1 on royal caribbean. Honestly don't see a lot of difference. Always plenty of choices we wanted to order and most everything we tried we liked. We like good food but not at all picky. Can't believe people that go on a cruise and can't find food to eat.

IMHO the food in MDR is not what it used to be, and I'm not talking about 20 years ago. I think it's gone downhill in the past 3 years or so. I usually skip it and head to the Lido deck, where you can see what you're getting before you commit to ordering. It's the same food anyway, for the most part. Then splurge on the steakhouse 1 or 2 nights. Well worth the extra $35.

We were on the Freedom over the Fourth of July week and had the American Fare in the MDR each night but one. Just the water carafes and bread baskets are a great improvement for dinner. A few of the dishes are carry overs from the old menus but the island fare was interesting and sometimes really good. Our food was HOT on several nights, quite an improvement on some cruises in the past! So I give it a thumbs up but my wife misses some of the choices from the old menus. I'm really glad they are trying to improve where I think it's important.