braemar cruise

Some comments on our Braemar cruise and Freds policies. Cruise 4/4/15- 11/4/15.

Departed Harwich. Ports , Hamburg, Amsterdam and Antwerp.

Exceptional service from crew, especially our cabin stewardess.

No "self service" whatsoever during this cruise due to outbreak of Novirus. Waiters worked exceptionally hard to serve guests and always had a smile for me even though they must have been very tired due to their extra shifts.

Bar waiters seem to be overworked due to the All Inclusive deal. There seemed to be less bar staff to serve more customers.

Shore tours far too expensive ( as always).

Fred has changed its policy towards children. Fred has signed a partership deal with Saga who are marketing Freds cruises.Until last year I had not seen any "adults only" cruises. Both this year and next year I have been unable to book the cruise that I wanted due to the above policy. Fred is concentrating on its core market ( the over 60s).

My family like Fred due to its small ships and personal service that we have not found elsewhere.

Moving to P+O for next year due to Freds new policy on children.We are sad to move cruise lines as we have had many happy memories with Fred.

Sad to see that Norovirus has now infected the Braemar as well as I'd not previously heard of an outbreak on that ship. :(

Pretty much all ships on all lines will experience the problem at some point, what matters is how well it is controlled and how often it reoccurs...

Fred has changed its policy towards children. Fred has signed a partership deal with Saga who are marketing Freds cruises. Until last year I had not seen any "adults only" cruises.

Saga market cruises for a number of other cruise lines including MSC, Celebrity and Azamara, but I doubt if they could, or would want to influence the policy of the lines towards children. (The hotels they use do not have such restrictions.)

I can't imagine that Saga would be booking any family (3/4 berth) cabins for their clients.

Sad to see that Norovirus has now infected the Braemar as well as I'd not previously heard of an outbreak on that ship. :(

We were on Braemar for the German Waterways cruise during the first fortnight of June and there was no sign of sickness on board.

This was one of the best cruises we have ever taken. Every part of the cruise seemed to gell, crew, entertainment, food, tours, itinerary - highly recommended.