Queen Mary 2

Update: Decided not to proceed with QM2 booking. Booked instead on 24 day transpacific cruise 8 October 2016 on Explorer of the Seas. Got a guaranteed balcony cabin for $4896 plus $200 OBC.

Its a while away, but Princess is so expensive in 2016 for their cruises. This one was good value for money. I've only once before cruised in a balcony but at $204 day, its a good price to me for a balcony cabin.

Nice work.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Gosh RCL are quick to allocate your cabin when you book a guarantee category. Normally with Princess its the week before you sail, sometimes a couple of days.

I booked a guaranteed balcony cabin and got allocated. Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony D3 category #6640 on Deck 6.

I paid $4896 yesterday, checking the site I booked with and the pricing for solo for that category is now $8699.

Edited by icat2000

Gosh RCL are quick to allocate your cabin when you book a guarantee category. Normally with Princess its the week before you sail, sometimes a couple of days.

I booked a guaranteed balcony cabin and got allocated. Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony D3 category #6640 on Deck 6.

I paid $4896 yesterday, checking the site I booked with and the pricing for solo for that category is now $8699.

Wow, already saving money before you have sailed. Great work.:D

Wow, already saving money before you have sailed. Great work.:D

Yeap. Sadly, the 8 day cruise prior on the EOS wants solo inside from $2700. Which does not pass my value test. So will wait a watch.

Seattle, Washington; Santa Barbara, California; San Francisco, California; Astoria, Oregon; Victoria, British Columbia; Seattle, Washington

Yeap. Dunno why its so pricey. Its not exactly a unique itinerary.

I have read that there are less and less pacific coast cruises (all lines) so that may be why. Apparently, Princess had the Golden doing them but now it is doing Aus/NZ so it may be an anticipated demand for those still doing that itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the comments. I'm leaning towards not going ahead with the booking. Its a lot of money for not many port stops.

I still looking at other options in 2016. So much choice. :D

Hi we r travelling on QE and great price lots ports this year have a look on Cunard site price is excellent