FTTF at the NOLA terminal

amberdc87

We are sailing out of NOLA in November on the Dream. I am trying to decide if FTTF is worth it at this port. I know that FTTF is helpful on the ship with the cabin being ready sooner and the luggage being delivered sooner. But I'm really curious as to how bad the lines are such at the port. I would appreciate any feedback from the people that have used this at the port and even the people who have not. Thank you. :)

It was definitely worth it for us. We get FTTF because hubby can't stand in line forever anymore. We arrived in late morning, and parking and dropping off luggage was fast and easy. Then we entered the terminal and it was packed to the point you couldn't even walk. Even the aisles between rows of chairs were crammed full of people and their stuff. When we showed our FTTF to a staff person, she plowed through and led us to the correct line to check in. (It was all the way in the back of the room.) Then after getting our S&S cards, someone helped us get to back to the front of the room again. There were a number of passengers who weren't about to let us by, but we made it. Walked right on after the wheel chairs and ahead of the herd. Without FTTF we would wait and arrive a couple of hours later.

I would imagine it depends on what time you plan to arrive at the terminal. We had FTTF and got there at 10:30 and were on the ship by about 11 or so. But honestly, it seemed that a couple of minutes after we were called they called general boarding, so I don't think there was that great an advantage for us for embarkation. There were other advantages though. Dedicated Customer Service line (which could get really long especially on the first and last nights of the cruise). Priority tendering (which didn't matter to us because of our excursion) and a few other things I can't think of), so we'd probably do it again if given the opportunity.

We have sailed the Dream without and with FTTF. We think it is definitely worth it. We were through all the security and lines and on the boat and in our room by 11:30 whereas the time without the FTTF we were still standing in line at that time. You don't get on the boat a ton sooner, but having the room ready and your luggage showing up quickly is very worth it for us. Add in the use of the FTTF line at guest services and you bet it is worth it. If you arrive to the port late anyway, then maybe rethink it. I like to get as much as I can out of that day since it is paid for.

We had FTTF last November in New Orleans. I agree, it did not seem to get us on the ship that much earlier ... our luggage did not arrive until almost 5 pm .... there were no tender ports that we needed to get off earlier in .... HOWEVER .... being able to drop off our hand carries and back-backs right away was WONDERFUL ... going to the dedicated Guest Service line, while there must have been 10 - 15 people in the regular line, was WONDERFUL!

We will always buy FTTF when we can!!

We normally sail out of NOLA and we get FTTF every time it's available. One of the best things, to us, is being able to go directly to our stateroom and put down our carry-ons. We typically get to the port around 10ish so our stateroom wouldn't be ready until much later. To us, it's absolutely worth it!

We are sailing out of NOLA in November on the Dream. I am trying to decide if FTTF is worth it at this port. I know that FTTF is helpful on the ship with the cabin being ready sooner and the luggage being delivered sooner. But I'm really curious as to how bad the lines are such at the port. I would appreciate any feedback from the people that have used this at the port and even the people who have not. Thank you. :)

Let's see ?

2000 plus people and their carry-ons trying to get herded up a single gangplank.:rolleyes:

I'll go with FTTF :cool:

we sailed out of NOLA last summer on the Dream. We had FTTF and the other three couples did not. We all go there around 11 and we were on board around 11:30. they got on around 12, not to far behind us, but it was nice to have our stuff stowed in the room and a drink in hand before they got on.

I have been stuck in long lines in New Orleans.

In January 2011 we stood in line for 2 hours.

But that was back when I believed that email that said to show up at two o'clock.

Since I wised up, I try to be pulling into the parking garage at 10:30.

We have been platinum for a while now.

In May 2014 DH and I cruised with friends.

We all got there at 10:30 and we boarded when they called Platinum were on board about 15 minutes before our friends were.