Camera Bags/Backpacks at Baltic Museums

I think for SPB especially the Hermitage and etc will have restrictions for backpacks and similar sized bags.

For Stockholm the Royal Palace requires you to store backpacks in luggage lockers.

However I don't think there is any restriction for smaller camera bags and hand bags but I don't know since I have not been at SPB.

http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/visittheroyalpalaces/theroyalpalace/thepalace/visitus/practicalinformationaccess.4.396160511584257f218000925.html

It's been a few years since we went, but when we were there, we had basically no restrictions. We had one of those back packs on wheels, that we stored most of our things in, and we were never prevented from entering most places with it. We did leave it in the van for some places, so I wouldn't say 100% positive. I would agree with Desdichado62, I can see they not being allowed in the Hermitage.

Cheers

Len

Just came back from a baltic cruise. The only museum one had to check bags larger than a purse was at Peterholf. However, there was no consistency here. I was able to carry my tote, but another couple with us had to check theirs.Of course there was no charge. I also remember that we had to do it at one of the places in Copenhagen. You did get your kroner back. Hope this helps.