RCI Beverage Package Promotions

I've seen Royal offer beverage package promos on selected transatlantic cruises, and also for UK bookings. However, there is no predicting when or if a promo will be available in advance.

You can't beat NCL with their beverage promos.

I finally booked a Mediterranean cruise for next year. After years of sailing on Royal, I always thought it would be on them. In 2012, I remember really cheap Liberty cruises (one of my favorite ships) and then I believe it was Oasis and then Allure (my other 2 favorite Royal ships.) Then finally when I book, they don't have any sailings in May and decide to put both new ships Ovation (just passing through) and Harmony (expensive) there. Really irked me!

But if the beverage promo was there, I would definitely consider paying a bit more for the Harmony as those ships are amazing.

But their prices (and unfortunately my recent on board experiences) are pushing me towards NCL.

Don't give up on finding a beverage promotion. I booked a cruise out of Southampton on the Navigator shortly after the 2016 itineraries came out and I got a Buy one Get one half off cruise fare, buy one get one half off premium package plus some OBC. The Harmony was also eligible at the time, iirc.

Oh, this was through a US, not UK booking

We got a free Premium Drinks package plus free gratuities on our booking for the Navigator in Sept 2016. We still got our balcony discount and $150 obc which we were really pleased with. It was during a 12 day sale in June so its worth watching out for the deals, you just dont know in advance when they are going to be or whats included.

Pam

We're on NOTS next May, free Premium & tips too. Only $50 OBC but it was so cheap anyway :)

But here is the question - did you get the free Premium pkg from your TA or direct from Royal? Or is it b/c you are in England.

That is what we are comparing now - Celebrity and Princess are both offering pkgs, as well as NCL on Sky. No TA needed to get it. So for us, it is hard to give up a cruise that costs the same as Royal and get the bev pkg included. Plus we enjoy both Celebrity and Princess so if the itin/price is comparable, Royal is going to lose. We are D+ on Royal but get the same perks on Celebrity and Princess, so really for us it comes down to who is giving us the best bang for the buck and right now, unfortunately, it is not Royal

Edited by karena1