Rainforest Tours? Suggestions?

lesliew

We will be in port in San Juan from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Can anyone suggest the best way to visit the Rainforest? We are travelling on NCL Dawn.. has anyone taken their excursion? How was it? It is only $39 which seems like a pretty good deal. Do you get to leave the bus or is it just a tour where you stay onboard the bus? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I posted this in another thread as well, but it seems applicable here as well. Thank the heavens for cut & paste. :)

This past August, we went with Shore Trips on a Rainforest Excursion. We got on the bus and told him what we wanted to do, and he molded the tour around that.

We wanted more hiking and less driving, so we took two one hour trails. [We could have done more, but a couple of our friends didn't want to.] He also made sure that one of the trails was a more 'famous' one with a waterfall, while the other was not booming with people. Both were beautiful in their own right. :)

I would most definitely reccomend this trip again. Our guide was WONDERFUL, and even changed our pick up time twice due to us having trouble getting off the ship.

Can you give me some information on how to contact the company that you did the Rainforest Excursion?

We will be there in 8 weeks. Can't wait!

www.shoretrips.com

If you have any questions, call the number on the website. They are based out of Wisconsin, and are super friendly and helpful.

Archived