First B2B

WindsorFred

Just booked the Conquest for 1/9/16, an 8 day and 1/17/16, a six day. Same room and will also be turning Platinum. We are so looking forward to this cruise. Have already been to all but 3 of the ports but there is still much to see. Our BF's who have always cruised with us will not be going this time so will be a new experience this time.

Just booked the Conquest for 1/9/16, an 8 day and 1/17/16, a six day. Same room and will also be turning Platinum. We are so looking forward to this cruise. Have already been to all but 3 of the ports but there is still much to see. Our BF's who have always cruised with us will not be going this time so will be a new experience this time.

Congrats! I'll be on the Conquest 11/28/15 and 12/6/15 for my first B2B. Still debating if I'll do a "live" review as I've done on my first two cruises.

Congrats! We did our first B2B on the Valor in April, 5 day then 8 day. It was great and we hope to do it again next year!

Will you be Platinum for the first leg of your B2B cruises? We only do B2Bs now. Back when you could turn Platinum on your 10th cruise, we did a B2B - #9 & #10. We were pleasantly surprised when I check our cruise docs & discovered they gave us Platinum status for our 9th cruise cuz it was a B2B.

Edited by Sparky2

Will you be Platinum for the first leg of your B2B cruises? We only do B2Bs now. Back when you could turn Platinum on your 10th cruise, we did a B2B - #9 & #10. We were pleasantly surprised when I check our cruise docs & discovered they gave us Platinum status for our 9th cruise cuz it was a B2B.

Actually the second leg will make us Platinum but I have seen posts here that in the case of a B2B that others in the same "boat" as us were made ones on the first leg. Any tips for a first time B2B newbie?

Congrats on your B2B. We did one with NCL that went to New England and Canada and ended up 14 days at sea. They only had 1 port in common so we decided to do the B2B and pretty much saw every port we had hoped to see. It was very nice.

We are doing an almost B2B our of LA on Carnival in December. Both the same cruise but 2 different ships. They are only 4 day cruises but with the past passenger rate, they were a steal. Couldn't resist. We will have one day between cruises. Made for a very affordable 8 day cruise experience. :D:D

Actually the second leg will make us Platinum but I have seen posts here that in the case of a B2B that others in the same "boat" as us were made ones on the first leg. Any tips for a first time B2B newbie?

Just make sure Carnival has your bookings linked. After I booked, I sent an email about it. I technically turn gold on my second leg, but my docs show gold on both

Lucky for you, you are in the same cabin. We had a different cabin so we had to pack up our stuff and the room steward moved it while we were clearing customs again.

I would suggest buying some alcohol the last night of the first leg in the evening then you can take it to your room and have it for the second leg. Also if you are going to half moon cay the second leg you can go down and book a cabana before anyone else :p

It was awesome having an almost empty ship for a couple hours!! hubby and I took advantage of having the serenity hot tub to ourselves :D and no long line at the Mongolian grill!!!

That's how it was for us. I was so excited to see that the first leg was Priority when we didn't actually turn platinum till the 2nd leg. Discovered it when I checked our luggage tags for 1st leg. This was way before final payment date, etc.

Lucky for you, you are in the same cabin. We had a different cabin so we had to pack up our stuff and the room steward moved it while we were clearing customs again.

I would suggest buying some alcohol the last night of the first leg in the evening then you can take it to your room and have it for the second leg. Also if you are going to half moon cay the second leg you can go down and book a cabana before anyone else :p

It was awesome having an almost empty ship for a couple hours!! hubby and I took advantage of having the serenity hot tub to ourselves :D and no long line at the Mongolian grill!!!

Hope so on the alcohol.

May work or not because if you're flagged as B2B, they may not let you take it back. I haven't bought liquor on the ship recently so don't know if we'd be able to take it back to cabin on last night.

However, I did buy some alcohol in a port & turned it in to the desk when you enter the ship. Left the note out on bed for the cabin steward & he left me a note that he couldn't get it for me till the end of 2nd cruise.

Our 2015 B2B was on Conquest. When we came back on the ship after going through customs, they had champagne, mimosas, & OJ waiting on the bar for us. Then we sat down (or stood) for 2 photos - one serious & one funny. We received copies of these photos a few days later. Nice touch.

We also received a bottle of champagne & fruit basket for doing B2B.

May work or not because if you're flagged as B2B, they may not let you take it back. I haven't bought liquor on the ship recently so don't know if we'd be able to take it back to cabin on last night.

However, I did buy some alcohol in a port & turned it in to the desk when you enter the ship. Left the note out on bed for the cabin steward & he left me a note that he couldn't get it for me till the end of 2nd cruise.

Our 2015 B2B was on Conquest. When we came back on the ship after going through customs, they had champagne, mimosas, & OJ waiting on the bar for us. Then we sat down (or stood) for 2 photos - one serious & one funny. We received copies of these photos a few days later. Nice touch.

We also received a bottle of champagne & fruit basket for doing B2B.

Thanks, good to know.

That's how it was for us. I was so excited to see that the first leg was Priority when we didn't actually turn platinum till the 2nd leg. Discovered it when I checked our luggage tags for 1st leg. This was way before final payment date, etc.

Just checked the luggage tags and they do not show "priority"?

We are doing an almost B2B our of LA on Carnival in December. Both the same cruise but 2 different ships. They are only 4 day cruises but with the past passenger rate, they were a steal. Couldn't resist. We will have one day between cruises. Made for a very affordable 8 day cruise experience. :D:D

I'll be on the Imagination with you. Will be the first leg of my first B2B.

Edited by tncap